Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh Range Reports

Bad experience at the range!

(1/3) > >>

backupr9:
My EDC covert had not been fired since the last cleaning3 months back, but was well lubricated.  I loaded with Lawman 115.  I had a stove pipe the 2nd round fired.  Cleared it and intermittently had several more failures to eject, jamming up the gun...clearly a limp wrist, except I wasn’t limp wristing...decided there was something impeding the slide.  It also was intermittently catching when I racked the slide.  When I got home I found the slide retainer pin was broken.  Had a hard time getting the last piece out.

Now it is out.  I can pass the punch clear through without resistance.  However, the slide racks as if the pin was still in place, and I cannot get the slide off the pistol.  Suggestions?

tracker:
That's a tough one. Perhaps Eric could offer a suggestion or two.

backupr9:
Eric messaged me, but is tied up with the loss of a dear friend.  We’ll figure it out together when he gets back next week or two.  What a guy!

tracker:
As a last resort you might try to contact Alex at Williams but you probably have already considered that option.

backupr9:
Thanks Tracker.  Eric thinks he can talk me through a fix.  Since I have a spare, there is no real hurry.
My arthritic hands are becoming a problem on fast follow up shots...the G43, if I buy one, may end up as my EDC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version