Author Topic: Expensive Colts  (Read 3317 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Expensive Colts
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »
The "EL" series of Colts has been very successful for Lew Horton Distributors.  The target group was Hispanics and because of the Mexican laws, I believe all were in 38 Super.

I saw this group on GB and watched them.  A very stunning matching set in Government Model, Commander, and Officer's Model all Serial #42

It looks Machine Gun Jonny's getting a Cashier's Check in the mail today.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=517062226

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=517061275

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=517060377

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Expensive Colts
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 01:13:54 PM »

Pancho would have wasted many gringos for those beauties.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 03:48:38 PM »
Where's Cisco?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 04:44:03 PM »
He and Gordito were last seen looking down the barrels of El Comandante Francisco Pancho Villa.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:55:18 PM by tracker »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 10:58:39 PM »
No habla espansole
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 12:38:12 PM »
No espaņol necessary; just having some fun with the names of these beautiful Colts like "El Comandante." The Cisco Kid was a television series with Cisco and Pancho, his sidekick, who was later replaced by Gordito. El Comandante Pancho Villa should need no introduction.

Norm tapped my burner when he asked, "Where's Cisco?"

"The names Pancho and Cisco[edit]
"Cisco" and "Pancho" are both nicknames given to men whose Spanish name is Francisco, which in English is "Francis." or Frank.

It is probable, but not clear, that Pancho or Cisco were originally named after the famous Mexican revolutionary general whose nom de guerre was Francisco "Pancho" Villa."

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:45:16 PM by tracker »

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 05:39:59 PM »
     A nice little history lesson here.
  I do remember the tv.show growing up.I loved the way they held their firearms on all those old westerns.That old index finger was planted firmly,guess where,right inside the old trigger guard.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 08:55:17 PM »
Some of the western gunfighters actually kept the trigger pulled and  thumbed the hammer to fire the weapon, or, often also, fanned the hammer for rapid fire....probably mostly broke windows on the 2nd floor of the saloon and perforated the water trough right in front of them, but hey, no semi-autos were available back then so they did the best they could!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis