Author Topic: How much are 70 Series Colts Worth?  (Read 2610 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
How much are 70 Series Colts Worth?
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:05:18 AM »

Here is one that surprised me.

Other than condition (100%), there is really nothing special about this firearm.

On the Colt Forum John Fugate said that in the current market for Colts, the last 1% of condition is worth thousands.  Amazing!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=529424405

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: How much are 70 Series Colts Worth?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »
My very 1st gun was a Colt Gold Cup National Match Enhanced in stainless. My second was a Colt Anaconda, 6"  Bright Stainless, and my 3rd was a Colt Python, 6" Bright Stainless. I shot them for years, admired them & respected them. Then I moved on to other guns. I sold them at a descent profit, but nothing like todays prices. Then nostalgia and regret set in, so I set out to purchase another GCNM. I paid roughly double what I sold mine for, for a used GCNM. Took it to the range to shoot it. It was nice. It was not like an Ed Brown, a Wilson Combat, or even a Dan Wesson. It was just nice. I later sold it at a profit. I think that the Colt market is driven by alot of Baby Boomers, a lot of nostalgia, and a lot of fear. Fear that these pristine guns will soon dry up because of demand, and the fact that because of the prices being paid, one has no choice but to make their purchase a safe queen, and hope that prices will continue to rise. I've invested in real estate a long time. It's not if the bubble will burst, but when.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!