Author Topic: Finished my collection  (Read 3720 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Finished my collection
« on: February 22, 2020, 11:25:58 AM »

I've been chasing Bren Tens for a lot of years and this week I picked up an API marked Bren.  This gives me all the cataloged models except the Jeff Cooper Commemorative and I have never even seen a photo of one except for Colonel Cooper's.

This is the first time I have had them all out at one time so I thought I would snap a photo.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: Finished my collection
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 11:31:09 AM »
Great collection.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 02:19:22 PM »
Oh, that is nice.

That is a bucket list gun for me.  Passed on a constructive numbered pair a dozen or so years ago, still regretting it.

Tried to get a couple of the Vltor versions until that project fell apart.  After a year gave up and got a refund.

If you decide to break up that family, please let me know.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 03:16:31 PM »
Oh, that is nice.

That is a bucket list gun for me.  Passed on a constructive numbered pair a dozen or so years ago, still regretting it.

Tried to get a couple of the Vltor versions until that project fell apart.  After a year gave up and got a refund.

If you decide to break up that family, please let me know.

They are around, there's a nice fairly Dual Master on GB right now.

Don't wait around for bargains 'cause there ain't any.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 10:05:16 AM »
Is there any such thing as finishing a collection? Beautiful Collection!!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 11:28:29 AM »
Is there any such thing as finishing a collection? Beautiful Collection!!

Unless  a Jeff Cooper Commemorative would show up I'm done Norm.  Beleive it or not but I have never even talked to anyone that has seen or knows where on of the JCC's are other than Cooper's.   All of these are really nice, well kept pieces and would be hard to improve on.

I lucked in to a big collection and the guy liked me as I do what I say and when I say I will do it.  He knows I'm not selling any also and that was important to him.

The two Dual Masters in the presentation cases are consecutive serial numbers and my friend could have split them up and sold them for more money but he sold them to me because he knew I had no intention to sell or split them up.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 02:37:07 PM »
Sometimes when you sell something special, it's not all about the money.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 03:50:09 PM »
Pocket Model in 10mm must be a handful to shoot.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »
Pocket Model in 10mm must be a handful to shoot.

They never got around to making any of those, went broke first.

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2020, 01:39:52 PM »
That is one beautiful collection!

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 04:51:32 PM »
  What I had read some years ago is that the magazines were never produced.Also wasn't that the gun that was used in Miami Vice?

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2020, 06:15:27 PM »
  What I had read some years ago is that the magazines were never produced.Also wasn't that the gun that was used in Miami Vice?

The magazine deal was exaggerated.  The Bren mfgr's worked with Mec-Gar  to produce the mags.  They were going to make Brens in 10mm and 45 ACP.  Mec-Gar said they could do it with the same mag and the prototype did.  Mec-Gar got the contract and Bren started making guns.  When the mags arrived from Italy they would not work for 10mm and that is what Bren had made.  Bren would not pay Mec-gar so they went to another supplier for 10mm magazines.

In the meantime the customers who had put down payments down were screaming so Bren shipped pistols with no mags and shipped the mags later.

Don Johnson shot a Bren Ten chambered for 45 acp because of the availability of blanks.  The slide was chromed to show up for night shots.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 07:00:38 AM »
Like a lot of things,there's always more than what meets the eye.Fake News!Thanks MRC.