Author Topic: R9 Ammunition  (Read 16859 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: R9 Ammunition
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2004, 11:37:24 PM »
Update on my range test #2.  Due to amount of data and the need to present it as clearly as possible - I have been assembling some pages in HTML.  I have a couple more to do and then test it all to see if links all function.  Then upload to server.

I hope therefore to be posting a link very soon  .. maybe tomorrow now. Sorry - this takes quite a bit of time.

Mike, Frank ... soon ... soon! :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2004, 08:00:49 AM »

Mike, Frank ... soon ... soon! :)

No problem from me - take your time and do it up right.  I'm not in a big hurry, I'm still months from getting my R9s. :)
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2004, 08:57:01 PM »
Magsafe Defender cartridges are standard pressure. Magsafe does produce +P cartridges as well.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 09:02:57 AM by GeorgeH »

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2004, 10:43:42 PM »
Is there an additional range report here that I am missing?

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2004, 09:23:57 AM »
I'm a fan of Extreme Shock ammo, particularly the "fang face" stuff (Mullins Ammunition, Clintwood, VA).  Results are devastating, with no shoot-through/over-penetration.  However, the stuff would not reliably feed in both my Kimbers (.45), Kahr (.40SW), the R9S, or my PPK/S and NAA Guardian (.380).  I contacted Jeff Mullins (company pres.) about this, and he told me that they have reconfigured the shape of the bullet to make it less round-nosed and more elongated (more like ball ammo), and kindly invited me to return my unfired ammo (all calibers) to him for an exchange for the new stuff.  Extreme Shock is expensive (+$1.00/per round), and I wanted to publish this excellent customer service in case any of the rest of Rohrbaugh owners might be interested in the ammo.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2004, 06:16:42 PM »
R9SCarry:

I placed an order today for a supply of 147 GR 9 mm Remington Golden Sabers to be sent to you by Cabelas.  You should have them in a week or so.  I have also sent you a PM confirming the order.

Thank you for your willingness to undertake the testing project.

(I enjoyed the photographs and the account of your biking weekend.  That is one beautiful bike you have there!)

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2004, 11:07:28 PM »
Musician ... thx for the mention of the Extreme Shock ... could be despite price .. I may have to investigate it later ...... of course it is vital that it feeds right! :P

Richard .. thx a lot for the offer ... we have exchanged PM's so are up to speed.  As I said, I'll let you know when I receive and . then when I can go do some more tests.

The bike?  Yes sirree . one beaut' machine ... tho a ''rice burner'' and not a Hog!  It was a superb weekend ... and as I said to my wife and son ... ''one for the memories book''! :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2004, 10:22:06 PM »
Chris:
If you are not going to be testing the Remington GS 147gr for a while, I think I have some Rem GS 124gr.  After seeing the work involved in your ammo tests I would think you want to do it as few times as possible.  Let me know.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2004, 10:41:48 PM »
Mike - well, I guess w'eve done the 115's .. and 147's on the menu so yeah - could be more complete to check a few rounds of 124 .... but seems a lot of hassle having people send stuff, much as I appreciate it.

I reckon tho even a modest 10 rounds would ''help the cause'' ... and that in a bubble wrap in envelope wouldn't be too hard to mail hopefully.

Up to you Mike but - sure would help fill the gaps. Thx.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2004, 10:12:47 AM »
Chris:
You've done different Gold Dot bullet weights in your testing and I figured if you were going to Test Rem GS it would be easier to do 147gr and 124gr. at the same time.  I have to take a look for the 124gr.  I'll let you know.