Author Topic: Forum Advertising and Support  (Read 1705 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Forum Advertising and Support
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:39 AM »
Hello all,

I am happy to say the new(ish) forum software is running great.  Spammers have been mostly locked out.  Combine that with a forum that basically moderates itself, and I am like Maytag repairman!   Which is good because my life has been too busy lately...

I am happy to say that the forum is in good shape financially too.  Our advertisers have been great and provide the revenue we need to keep everything running.  Please remember to support our advertisers and thank them for their support!

A few people have asked me as of late if they could contribute to the forum.  Honestly, we don't need any more funds at this point.  That could always change, but for now we are doing just fine.

I do, however, have one cause you could support.  I am trying to help raise some funds for the Clearwater Marine Aquarium Dive Team -- of which I am a member.  Volunteers work 7 days a week to help maintain the environment for our marine animals in captivity at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.  This is a non-profit working marine hospital facility that cares for otters, sea turtles, dolphins--and soon manatees.  Animals that can be treated and returned to the wild are returned--and those that cannot be are kept in captivity for research and educational purposes.

If you feel like making a donation, please consider the CMA Dive Team:  http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/winter-s-dive-team

Thanks!

Duane (DDGator)
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Forum Advertising and Support
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:39:21 AM »
Duane:

As one whose son is a marine biologist working at NOAA on implementation of the Marine Mammal Protection Act, I shall be making a contribution to this worthy cause.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Trailblazer

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
Gator,
How does one advertise on this form?
Rich
Trailblazer Investigations Inc

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:16:05 AM »
Thanks, Richard -- that is awesome!

Rich--just send me an e-mail or a PM.  We may have an opening coming up soon.   Thanks!
Duane (DDGator)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 09:55:58 AM »
Here is a photo of my daughter (age 15) getting ready to start her dive in the main dolphin pool at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.  I am behind her getting ready to go (yellow trim on my wetsuit collar).
Duane (DDGator)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:47:22 AM »
Here is a photo of my daughter (age 15) getting ready to start her dive in the main dolphin pool at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.  I am behind her getting ready to go (yellow trim on my wetsuit collar).

Don't see a picture?   ???
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »

It is there on my screen.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 04:00:29 PM »
When I click on the title bar it goes to another page and you can see it. It does not show up on the main forum.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety