Author Topic: Pearce +2 grip extensions  (Read 5794 times)

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Pearce +2 grip extensions
« on: December 27, 2004, 06:02:42 PM »
Anyone using these for a Glock 26, or other Glock?

I originally bought my Glock 26 in 1997, when I wanted the smallest 9mm I could get that gave me the maximum legal magazine capacity.  Now that I am no longer limited to 10 rounds, I ordered some of these to give myself a better grip for a faster draw, and to give my wife a full 3-finger grip to help her learn to shoot a 9mm well.

My concern is what effect they will have on spring life.  I ordered some Wolff +10% extra power magazine springs as a precaution.

Anyone have experience with these?

(Edited because I see my subject line got messed up.)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 11:03:04 AM by BillinPittsburgh »
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: Pearce +2 grip extensions
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 07:53:27 PM »
I do not have experience with the plus 2s from Pearce,but I have bought the Glock # 7151 + 2s and would recommend them highly.. :)

I had the Pearce "pinky extension" before and they worked just fine..

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 07:19:05 PM »
Tried the +2 grip extensions last Fri.

They installed easily, but getting them off is almost impossible without damaging the grip extension.  The instructions say to gently squeeze the magazine (yeah, right, ever try that with a Glock magazine?).  I can easily remove my standard base pads by shoving in a pin punch to push the floorplate from the bottom to against the front wall of the magazine, and, while leaving the pin punch between the floorplate and front wall, using the pin punch to lever the base plate off.  So, unlike my magazines with standard floorplates that get disassembled and cleaned regularly, these magazines can't be cleaned.

They do provide a better grip on the gun, but it isn't quite as good as a gun with a full 3-finger grip.  I am totally used to the abbreviated grip and do just fine with it.  My wife prefers the 3-finger grip, but complained about the textured front surface of the grip extension.

Two extra rounds in the magazine is of course nice.

The verdict:  they won't be used for my carry magazines, but will be kept on some practice magazines to help my wife shoot the gun.

Offline BamaTex

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:41:23 PM »
You can also buy the 15 or 17 round mags, buy a mag sleeve from Glockmeister.com. The sleeve or extension helps to continue the grip the same size. (Does that make sense) And gives you a grip the size of a Glock 19 or Glock 17.

The entended mags are great for qualifications, but I do not carry them unless I am wearing a pancake holster.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:28:25 PM »
Thanks, BarnaTex.  I looked at those, and they look like an interesting idea.  How easy are the sleeves to get off the magazines if I later buy the larger size Glock.

The 26 was the perfect gun at the time I bought it and I am still quite happy to carry it.  However, I would eventually like to get myself a model 32 and my wife a model 19.

Offline BamaTex

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »
Very easy. The sleeves are held on with a very small allen screw. And the allen wrench is provided with the sleeve. You put the sleeve on the mag, adjust it and tighten the screw. If you want to use the mag in a larger gun, untighten the screw, with the provided allen wrench, and take the sleeve off. They really are a great idea and I recommend them to everyone with a 26.
I also have several mags with the +2 and just the finger extension, that I use for concealed carry.