Author Topic: my new Kimber ultra carry II with Crimson Trace  (Read 6430 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: my new Kimber ultra carry II with Crimson Trac
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:07:28 PM »
I just picked up my first 1911 today, a Colt Combat Commander.  I haven't even had a chance to shoot it and have to work this weekend, so it might be a few days.  

I am excited about the chance to put some rounds downrange though.  

My first 1911 was a Colt also, Gold Cup National Match that was almost 30 years ago, I still have it and it is a great shooter.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LRHogFan

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 01:06:40 AM »
Well, I guess it's actually just a Colt Commander, and not a Combat Commander.  Pardon my confusion due to the myriad of choices and options when looking at 1911 style pistols.  Since I know everyone likes pictures, here is a pic of my newest treasure.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 07:14:23 AM »
LR:

Congratulations on that Colt Commander!  I'm partial to Colt 1911s. There's just something about them that seems historically authentic.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:14:59 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 08:48:05 AM »
LR.  That is nice.  You have a winner and a treasure, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 08:55:17 AM »
 My wife wants a Kimber Ultra Supercarry w/ Raptor grips as her next gun. She really likes the balance and size of them.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 09:03:04 AM »
Sounds good Chief.  I think she will enjoy that.  Excellent.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »
 She has really learned alot since she got her Conceal carry license.  When she is looking at guns she always makes sure of a few things,
1. Looks (Of Course) if she does not like the looks she goes no further (It is in her genes I think)
2. Balance and size (Depending on use and plans for carry)
3. If she can Operate it (She does not have alot of hand strength)

If she likes all that then it is up to me to figure out if the quality is there. (I have a tendancy to like those "Lifetime" warrantees :)
  I like the Kimber super carry, they rounded off many of the edges, and have almost a Bobtail , though not as pronounced as my Nighthawk's. She likes the Raptor grips that match the "Scales" on the Super Carry better than they match the Scales on the raptor. I am hoping they will fit with a little massaging.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 02:19:27 PM »
Chief.  Your wife has three very good things in the consideration department; and with you backing her up in selecting quality; excellent.    :)