Author Topic: IWB Clip Holsters?  (Read 4184 times)

Offline Jay

IWB Clip Holsters?
« on: April 16, 2005, 06:43:33 PM »
Most of the time I wear pants that the belt is integrated into the pant so a IWB holster without a clip is nonusable for me. My prefered method of carry is IWB clip, I don't like wallet holsters.

I would like something like a IWB or Below the Waist Band holster with a spring steel clip, a single clip, the KD holster looks excessively big for the Rohrbaugh.

I would like Sharkskin but will settle for Horsehide.  I have had great luck with Kramer IWB, (their horsehide BWB holster for Seecamp is great), they have not returned any calls or emails, despite the eight holsters I have bought from them.

I have spent alot to time searching the internet for a holster maker but have failed.  No joy for DeSantis, Milt Sparks, Alessi, DelFatti.  You would think I should have found one, I have not.

Any help here is sincerely appreciated, because I about to have a really fine handgun without a good carry system.

Thanks,

Jay

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
Re: IWB Clip Holsters?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 08:14:38 PM »
Jay:

I do a lot of custom work in addition to the regular offerings of holsters.  If you look at the "customs" page of my website, there is a holster that's pictured about mid-way down the page that has a clip on it, with a P3AT in place.  It's shown as an OWB.  However, I've made a number of those for local law enforcement as an IWB by just moving the clip to the front of the holster.  Some want it with a retention strap, some want it without the strap.  It's a small, compact holster that is easily put on and off.  I'm doing something similar to it for Newt, another member here on the forum.  

Please feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.  Good luck in your search.

Regards,
Kevin
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 11:55:19 AM »
 ;) :D ;D ::)I' :)m lookin forward to gettin that holster too!
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
IWB Clip Holsters?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 07:53:28 PM »
>>Hi Jay, and welcome to the Rohrbaugh Forum...!...

There are a number of folks around here knowledgeable about holsters for the R9 (and other guns too)...and there is even a handful of excellent Holstersmiths here as well.  Kevin makes some beautiful holsters, especially for pocket guns, and they marketed at reasonable prices!  Another fellow whose holsters I like very much is RJ Headly - although I think he is not taking orders from anyone just now in an effort to catch up on existing orders.  Just check the members listing for this forum as I believe all the leather guys have their talents noted in their personal profiles section.  Good luck on your hunt.  All part of the waiting experience for an R9.  Now, how are you set for the R9's favorite ammo, and do you have all the recommended lubes and tools to keep your Pup going...??...TW<<

Offline Jay

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 10:19:17 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, I have yet to get the pistol, my FFL has had the order in since Jan. so I feel we are getting close.
I have looked around for some 124gGDHP, and since that seems to be the prefered round I will get some soon, have you got a good line of some?
On the lube front, I have not bought anything pending reading the instructions.  I have always liked lubriplate.....but we will see what the instructions say.

Thanks again,

Jay

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 11:59:13 PM »
Check out Ron Graham's Pop Top. It is an IWB clip holster that carries the gug at the waistband. But keep in mind that the Rohrbaugh is small, but not that small.

Offline armus

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 04:37:46 PM »
I have an IWB shirt-tuckable custom made holster (by Jerry Evans of Haugen Handgun Leather - see American Handgunner) for a R9s. I'll sell it along with a NIB R9s serial #14X. I am an FFL and dealer. We are TRASK.us, email is armus@trask.us

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 06:44:25 PM »
armus - welcome! :)

Good to see another dealer on board.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.