Author Topic: Seecamp  (Read 23283 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Seecamp
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 04:51:48 PM »

That looks like one of Bryce's grip extensions. He did excellent work.

The extension came from a guy on the Seecamp Forum going buy Jeffsig.  I do not remember his name and he sorta disappeared.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 04:57:22 PM »
Here is an Auto Mag I bought.  This is really hard to photograph.  Jeff Flannery in Kentucky did deep relief on it.

I have been accused of buying this off Saddam Hussein.  It is really too much.  It might even scare Richard off.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 05:00:07 PM by MRC »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 05:07:43 PM »

I'm fairly certain the extension was made by Bryce Proctor of IDM; you may have purchased it from a third party. Unfortunately, Bryce quit making these and hooked extensions and some fine grips some time ago.

http://www.idmparts.com

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »
Here is an Auto Mag I bought.  This is really hard to photograph.  Jeff Flannery in Kentucky did deep relief on it.

I have been accused of buying this off Saddam Hussein.  It is really too much.  It might even scare Richard off.

That's hilarious. Richard does like some bling, but I'm not sure I could see that one in his collection ether. Do you have the classic colorful comment Richard? Come to think of it he puts some bling on his comments too.

That Seecamp is pretty cool IMO. I don't have anything engraved like that. I probably won't be shooting my Seecamp .380 anymore. Hmmmmmmm.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 06:05:15 PM »

I'm fairly certain the extension was made by Bryce Proctor of IDM; you may have purchased it from a third party. Unfortunately, Bryce quit making these and hooked extensions and some fine grips some time ago.

I remember Bryce also.  Jeff at sigpower started making these when Bryce quit and Jeff stopped making them about 3 years ago.  There is another guy selling them now, you see them on ebay.  It is a very good product.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 06:09:50 PM »

Ok, thanks for the update.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 06:12:07 PM »

I remember Bryce also.  Jeff at sigpower started making these when Bryce quit and Jeff stopped making them about 3 years ago.  There is another guy selling them now, you see them on ebay.  It is a very good product.

I bought the Moe special for my Seecamp .380 and R9. Happy with both.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 04:00:47 PM »
well my first 32 seecamp should be on the way in a few weeks picked up on the seecamp forum....hopefully i can find some ammo that it likes to eat....now i have a backup to my PUP...... ;D

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 04:17:15 PM »
Congrats Tattoo. Nicely built little pistol.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 05:50:32 PM »
josh now i just need to find some ammo that works well with it...

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 07:44:37 PM »
Winchester Silvertips 60 gr. are recommended by all as one of the best. I bought a mag. ext. from this guy on eBay and I was very pleased with it...good luck!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEECAMP-MAGAZINE-EXTENSION-32-/171717837429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fb2e4275
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2015, 08:17:23 PM »
tattoo

There are a lot of Silvertips out there for sale.  They work in some guns and not in others.

Here is some Corbon JHP.  I shot some on Friday with good results.  It gives  25% higher velocities than the GD's or Silvertips.  It worked fine in my 2000 vintage Seecamp and Ghost Chili's Southwick. 

You can decide whether to use it or not.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/20rds-32-auto-corbon-60gr-hp-ammo/cName/32-auto-all-32-auto

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2015, 08:30:22 PM »
tattoo

There are a lot of Silvertips out there for sale.  They work in some guns and not in others.

Here is some Corbon JHP.  I shot some on Friday with good results.  It gives  25% higher velocities than the GD's or Silvertips.  It worked fine in my 2000 vintage Seecamp and Ghost Chili's Southwick. 

You can decide whether to use it or not.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/product_info.php/pName/20rds-32-auto-corbon-60gr-hp-ammo/cName/32-auto-all-32-auto

I went ahead and ordered some of the Corbon for mine as well after reading MRC's range report. I'm lucky. Mine shoot GD, Silver tip and FMJ, but I think you bought the older model didn't you? Not sure what it will like. Just have to see. I would try the Corbon's as they are:

1) reliable for others
2) available
3) affordable
4) more punch for the little .32 to make it a better weapon

I would carry this for defense for size purposes where I could carry nothing else for whatever reason and felt the threat level was as close to 0 as possible.

I have also envisioned using it as a pocket or covert (clip) carry while having a 9mm strapped to an ankle that's not very accessible. It would hopefully offer some threat while trying to obtain cover so I could get to a very inconvenient ankle gun.

Neat little pistol none the less IMO.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:32:10 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2015, 09:01:37 PM »

If they're really after you, it is not paranoia.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2015, 10:28:27 PM »

If they're really after you, it is not paranoia.

Haha. Nicely put Tracker.

One must always be prepared sir.

John Stuart Mill