Author Topic: The New Sig P938  (Read 17264 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
The New Sig P938
« on: January 31, 2012, 03:57:20 PM »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Re: The New Sig P938
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 04:03:36 PM »
Pictures of the new Sig P938.

http://www.sigsauerguns.com/tag/sig-sauer-p938/

Nice looking gun....I don't often carry CCW handgun with a manual safety ;)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 04:26:00 PM »
Just for info the P938 has a single-action cocked-and-locked trigger.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 04:58:43 PM »
I'm already on my dealer's waiting list for the Equinox version when they start shipping. I can't say enough good things about how well my 238 shoots and feels in hand.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 07:15:42 PM »
I'm already on my dealer's waiting list for the Equinox version when they start shipping. I can't say enough good things about how well my 238 shoots and feels in hand.

Have you heard any availability details?

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »
I found this model earlier today when browsing the Sig website for info on the Scorpion model.  I had no idea the 938 existed, but I'm not a Sig follower.  I'm holding my breath waiting for the Colt Pocket 9 to be re-introduced.

Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »

Have you heard any availability details?

He said they should be shipping some time in April. I'm not sure if all the models will be released at the same time, but I'm patient. I may actually appreciate an extra month or two to save a little more money. Just picked up one of SIG's new ultra compact 1911s last weekend so I've been on an ammo and parts shopping spree this week.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:26:42 AM by Giraffes »

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:48:44 AM »
Giraffes

Would you mind posting some picks of the ultra compact 1911? I would be interisted in seeing that. Thanks Adam.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 09:53:53 AM »
I found this model earlier today when browsing the Sig website for info on the Scorpion model.  I had no idea the 938 existed, but I'm not a Sig follower.  I'm holding my breath waiting for the Colt Pocket 9 to be re-introduced.

I carried a Pocket Nine in the early 2000's and I really think today's pistols are  better.  I doubt that they will bring it back as Kahr sued them and that is why they dropped it. (also a bad economy at that time)

Check this out:      http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271369238
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:52:01 AM by MRC »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 10:12:44 AM »
Now that is nice!    :)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 10:19:36 AM »

I carried a Pocket Nine in the early nineties and I really think today's pistols are  better.  I doubt that they will bring it back as Kahr sued them and that is why they dropped it. (also a bad economy at that time)

Check this out:      http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271369238

Nice looking gun...............did you have any problems with your pocket nine?
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 10:24:33 AM »
Giraffes

Would you mind posting some picks of the ultra compact 1911? I would be interisted in seeing that. Thanks Adam.

I'll try to get some pictures up tonight. I've been so busy with work that it took me 3 days just to get to the range with it and another day before I had enough time to clean her after the outing. I was worried because of all the horror stories I've read about 3" 1911s but it preformed almost flawlessly. I had about 4 hiccups out of over 200 rounds where the slide locked back before feeding the last round, but I think that can be attributed to the factory magazines. I should receive my new Wilson Combat mags on Monday and hope to test those out next weekend to see if they solve the problem. Other than that, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone. I think it's one of the best values out there right now and shoots superbly. Only 2 MIM parts (slide stop and disconnector) that I plan on swapping out soon.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 10:38:35 AM »
Thanks for the update.

Look forward to the Picks. :)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »
Jack_F asked

"Nice looking gun...............did you have any problems with your pocket nine?"

Jack, I really did not have any problems.  They had a hard trigger pull and some were prone to light hits.  Kahr sued Colt as they used the offset feed ramp design which is Kahr's.

That gun has had a lot of work and it caught my eye.  He is mostly a buyer and why is he selling that?

If I was in the market, I would ask a lot of questions before I would take a chance on it.  They are alloy frame and were a "pretty cool gun" in 1999.  Only about 6500 made.

They have gotten to be a collector's item.  I have the one I carried and two NIB I picked up at a good price.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:56:00 AM by MRC »

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 03:15:19 PM »

I carried a Pocket Nine in the early 2000's and I really think today's pistols are  better.  I doubt that they will bring it back as Kahr sued them and that is why they dropped it. (also a bad economy at that time)

I agree the state of the art has changed for the better.  That Colt is nice to look at, but I'd never pay collector price for a Pocket 9 or Pony.  I've actually seen a Pony and Pocket 9 stainless set at a local shop with lower prices than the auction above, but managed to leave the shop empty handed.  One of my few moments of personal triumph.

To get back on topic, I will be looking at 938's when they hit the stores.  I've warmed up to the concept after thinking about it for a few days.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com