Author Topic: Or forever hold your piece...  (Read 3106 times)

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
Or forever hold your piece...
« on: January 12, 2005, 12:08:54 PM »
Hi Guys,
Just got off the phone with our guru, Eric, and he said to tell ya'll that just this morning, his slide making mill was up and running, with some samples coming off the mill to T&E to make sure everything is just right. So, slowly but surely things are coming together. He apologizes to us all for the delays, but near perfection takes a little more time.

He also said now that they have moved, all guns shipped from now on will have the new address on them. Our Farmingdale guns are officially collectible! Yay!

Speaking of the Subject:line, I would like to start wearing a nice leather vest designed for ccw. Anyone else out there have one and ideas on where to purchase same? TIA.

Got lots more to talk about, but beg for more time. Lots of questions and answers;^)

Cal
"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Re: Or forever hold your piece...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 02:24:42 PM »
Hi Calvin,

For leather, check out Coronado Leather.  I have one of their jackets, and am very heppy with it.

For other vests, check out Concealed Carry Clothiers.  I have 2 traditional vests and 3 tropic weight vests.  I typically use vests in the summer, and particularly like the tropic weight ones.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 11:08:49 AM »
In New Jersey there is a five (5) day waiting period for a CCW vest and if you get one it's illegal to wear.

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
And don't call me Shirley...
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 12:43:04 PM »
In New Jersey there is a five (5) day waiting period for a CCW vest and if you get one it's illegal to wear.

My jaw dropped when you posted this. Surely you jest?;^)
If not, this is a sad state of affairs, to say the least...

Shirley U. Jest
PS-Coronado Leather's web site is out of service. I don't know why...

Offline searcher

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 12:49:10 PM »
In the 'People's Republic of New Jersey', the Constitution is illegal.

Offline PCA

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 03:25:13 PM »
Calvin: Yes, I jested. The state of NJ is awful. You don't need a CCW vest for a state in which there is no shall issue concelaed carry allowed!

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
Vested Interest...
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 04:11:25 PM »
Calvin: Yes, I jested. The state of NJ is awful. You don't need a CCW vest for a state in which there is no shall issue concelaed carry allowed!

Wouldn't surprise me if even accessories for illegal stuff would be illegal too. Can you have a cannonball even though you don't have a cannon?

BTW-just ordered my CCW vest from Coronado Leather. It's due in next week and I'll review it upon it's arrival.
Still haven't had a chance to shoot my spendy GPS equipped bullets;^) I'll let you know how good (or bad) they are after I do, hopefully this weekend. Got a knife and gun show tomorrow! Should be fun!

Cal

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »
Another vest alternative - which I use - is a blue denim one from Smith and Alexander.  Not over cheap at around $40 but I find them excellent.  I have had it mentioned more than once - ''haha - vest - you must carry''.

That phases me not in the least.  Folks can wonder all they want - same with fanny pack - as long as I am concealed that is all that matters.

I find also this vest suits me well for biking in summer ... do up one button and I remain concealed even at freeway speeds.  Not to mention of course - the pup is very likely also hitchin a ride with me in a pocket! :)

Thx for the Eric update ... good to hear that.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline dmobrien2001

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 07:53:38 PM »
He also said now that they have moved, all guns shipped from now on will have the new address on them. Our Farmingdale guns are officially collectible!

Hey, my BRAND NEW just arrived today R9S is marked Farmingdale AND has the "blue" grips.  I must have a collectable made before the big move but not shipped until now! Yippee!
- Dan