Author Topic: 2nd best????  (Read 13817 times)

Offline jhmedrano

2nd best????
« on: February 24, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »
Ok guys so am at work and am bored, and i figure i start a thread about the second best micro 9mm because we all know wats the number one micro 9 in the world..of course its the pup :)  well unfortunately for it cost me alot of time and money.  Time, because well since i been carrying which isnt too long going on too 2 years i never knew about this magnificant lil pup, and as far as cost well i have bought ever micro gun in the market well alnost al from the kahr to kel-tec to the sig p238 and lcp, but we will stick to the micro nine only one i havent fired is the new kimber solo which is a joke in my opinion its still way heavier still bigger etc but anyways after much range time my personal experience i would say that as a second place nott a close second to the pup but just a second would be the kahr pm9, just wondering if u guys agree? And wat u guys thought about and of course pleasd compare against the pup.   Gigi

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: 2nd best????
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 07:26:37 PM »

The lead dog has the best view. Why look backwards?

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 08:16:08 PM »
IMO 2nd place is the pm9

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 09:04:06 PM »
I would vote for the PM9 also, but the PM40 is nearly identical in size and only 1.8 oz heavier.
 I would rather have that 180gr 40 cal slug.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:11:09 PM »
I would have to agree, the PM9 is no. 2 for now, however the Kimber Solo may just knock it off its perch.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:13:58 PM »
PM9, 2nd place, gets my vote.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 09:48:13 PM »
S&W 940?   ;D
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline jhmedrano

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 10:27:11 PM »
Am glad most agree now as far as the pm40 am not sure if u own or shot one mr. Yakee but that thing is a handful and the weight and thickness is noticible but yes it does shoot the .40 slug, but will save it for another comparo since wer doing 9mm :),  as for the kimber solo like one of the member mentioned i would find it a lil hard to dethrone the pm9 as second place cuz of its weight 17oz like tankee mentioned the pm40 if am gonna carry that heavy of a gun i rather carry a bigger caliber its not slimmer than the pm9 its prolly the same not counting the controls which u do have to include cuz some of those like p238 stick out enough to bug when ur carrying it iwb which is my prefered way of carry.  

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 11:33:45 PM »
I own a PM40 and had a PM9 but traded it for my second Pup, I also have the P380.
   The two PMs are so close in size you can use the same holsters for them. Also the mag extensions I sell will fit the PM9.
  I don't find the PM9 or PM40 to be a good pocket gun, too heavy for my liking.

The PM40  ______ PM9

OAL 5.35  _______ 5.3

High  4.0  _______ 4.0

Wide .94  _______ .90

Weight 15.8  ____   14
W/O mag
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline epkptp

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 02:25:30 AM »
Am glad most agree now as far as the pm40 am not sure if u own or shot one mr. Yakee but that thing is a handful and the weight and thickness is noticible but yes it does shoot the .40 slug, but will save it for another comparo since wer doing 9mm :),  as for the kimber solo like one of the member mentioned i would find it a lil hard to dethrone the pm9 as second place cuz of its weight 17oz like tankee mentioned the pm40 if am gonna carry that heavy of a gun i rather carry a bigger caliber its not slimmer than the pm9 its prolly the same not counting the controls which u do have to include cuz some of those like p238 stick out enough to bug when ur carrying it iwb which is my prefered way of carry.  

I think that's the longest sentence I've ever read on a forum. lol

My vote goes to the PM9 as well.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 06:38:16 AM »
Wow! A S&W 940. I had one of those once. Beautiful little gun. A bit heavy and a bit to wide for me to carry concealed but a really nice piece, moon clips and all. 5 shots, I do not know if I could make it no.2 on this list but a nice gun.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 09:38:39 AM »
My vote is the PM9, for number 1 not number 2.

This is my opinion only.  I have carried a R9 and a PM9.  The R9 I owned had major reliability problems and the PM9 has been 100% reliable.  I found the PM9 easier to shoot more accurately at a fast rate of fire.  I think replacement grips and hooked extensions on the R9 would have probably brought the two closer together.  I much prefer the conventional mag release and slide catch on the Kahr.  With the "heel mag catch" I personaly do not think I would carry it as primary.  The more I shot the PM9 the more I liked it.

My R9 weighed 18.0 oz. with 7 rounds of 115 gr ammo, the PM9 weighs 19.7 oz.  Now that is 10% which is considerable, but I found it barely noticable in my pocket.

The reliability factor was probably what decided it for me.  I decided on the PM9 instead of:

-Sending the R9 back to have the relibility issue fixed
    -Spending money on replacement grips
    -spending money on mag extensions or front strap checkering

I could have done all this and still prefered the PM9.

This is my opinion only!  Gentlemen, carry what you are most comfortable with.

Offline Marshbrook

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 10:07:14 AM »
Here where I live, the PM9 by far seems to be the carry gun of choice, almost everyone I know has one except me!

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
I believe the Kimber Solo is going to come in around 17 oz. empty. Do not know how much the loaded mag will add, I assume about the same as the others. Oh yes, as I said I do agree the PM9 is number 2 at this moment.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:09:08 AM by phsimone »

Offline dano

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 10:22:26 AM »
The Kahr PM9 was on my short list as #2 until I held one. I consider it too heavy for a pocket gun. Just my
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. Edmund Burke