Author Topic: New MECO split holster  (Read 17991 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re: New MECO split holster
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »
       Robert, thanks again for the picture. When I first talked to Robert about getting the new split holster, he told me about the new elephant skin he had. He said it was lighter in color and much smoother with less wrinkles. You were certainly right about the smoothness, Hell, I've got more wrinkles than this stuff has. Now to indulge in my favorite pastime, waiting.      Gene
birdman

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »
This is it!  Looks AWSOME!!!!!!!  Gene your a lucky fellow.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 09:27:48 PM »
One outstanding holster, there, Gene!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 10:08:24 PM »
     Thank you again corey for posting this for me. You know, Corey, you are awfully young to have a kid my age. ;D I'll bet you'll be glad when you get me raised. I really do appreciate your help. Robert mailed the picture to me as soon as the holster was finished and now I've got to wait on the mail. Is'nt it beautiful I can't wait to see it. Thanks again Robert, you're a wizard!!     Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
Gene,
   Now all you have to do is hope it arrives.  ;D
Maybe tomorrow you should wait for your mailman and give him a heads up that your expecting a new holster. :o  ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 02:41:12 PM »
Wow those are nice.  Sooo tempting...  That elephant hide is especially beautiful.

I'm curious how the gap between the sections looks in a jeans front pocket after a while, once the lower section starts to bend but the upper section is forced to remain straight.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »
I'm speaking out of school here, for sure, however, these are so new, I doubt if that has been observed yet.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 04:05:25 PM »
      The elephant appeared in my mailbox a while ago, and let me tell you it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I am amazed at how great it looks. A week or so past I got a call from Robert about the split holster he was making. He suggested that if he dyed the yellow colored skin a little more reddish brown color that it would look better. As usual he was right. Too bad, if he'd used the yellow skin I was going to call it "The Banana Split" holster. ::) ::) Sdlsaginaw, as to your post, I think it's too early to give you an answer. After I carry awhile, I'll post back and let you guys know how it's doing. Robert, what can I say? You just get better all the time. Thanks again. Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
Gene.  You must have a big, big mailbox.    ;D

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »
I am very interested in how these "split"holsters hold up after some use.
IMO,that is what matters in the long run..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 04:30:33 PM »
I believe due to the fact that the holster is made by Robert Meco, it will hold up in excellent fashion; however, I understand the concern.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
       That Robert must be one helluva man! Can you imagine dyeing an elephant? ;D ;D         Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 07:31:20 PM »
I know.  Just like the elephant fitting in your mailbox.    ;D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 03:06:45 PM »
Yeah, and then the family has to ignore it in the living room ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 03:07:10 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 04:59:09 PM »
     I don't know if I'll ever be able give you guys a report on this thing...I can't keep it in my pocket long enough to get any information . Seems like I'm taking it out of my pocket and looking at it every few minutes. This thing just gets better looking each time I see it!! Each time I see one of Robert's holsters I'm amazed all over again at the quality of workmanship involved. The quality of your advice ain't too shabby either.        Gene    PS I still say "Honey Brown" sounds like the name of a stripper. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 04:59:54 PM by birdman »
birdman