Author Topic: VZ Blue Carbon Fiber Grips  (Read 32857 times)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: VZ Blue Carbon Fiber Grips
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »
Here are the blue VZ CF grips on my DEERDALE.

I can enjoy them until my other PUP comes back from Cogan!  :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »
How sweet that is!  Nice.    8)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
I do like them.
I like them better than the black/grey from The VZ website.
Ther are going to look great on the Coganized PUP!

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2012, 07:34:23 AM »
They look great on there. STILL waiting on mine!

M
Mark

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 08:24:28 AM »
Those look great! I was worried how they would look on a standard R9 but not anymore.

Just tracked my shipment and I should be receiving grips, a spare magazine and more recoil springs today. Feels like Christmas!!!

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »
I hope you will share some pictures with us!

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »
Received mine yesterday. Excellent quality and they look great, however, the fit is horrible. No disrespect intended to VZ, I'm just making a observation as a paying customer. There are VERY sharp edges & over hang where the grips meet the frame, in particular, the lower grip near one's palm. NO comparison to the set of original black Rohrbaugh CF's I have. NONE! The originals flow around the frame and feel as if they're part of the gun.

Rohrbaugh is printed on the back of the grip, so I'll keep them as a collectable but they're off the gun already and the original CF's back on my pup. It's a shame because they do look awesome and I was looking to save any wear to the originals but for $80 bucks, plus shipping, coupled with VZ's reputation, I expected a perfect fit.

Mark
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:13:16 AM by scar2783 »
Mark

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »
Mark I would like a picture of the fit issue you speak of. Just curious what the cause is.

I have owned 3 sets of VZ carbon fiber grips and all were a little tough on the hands along the edges. The first two sets I smoothed out with a file and all was good, the third was the blue CF and I left them alone.

I did not experience any fit issues with any of the grips in any fashion.

If there is a fit issue I am sure they will replace them. The last set I purchased, VZ provided a return label if there were any issues.

You may want to contact them.

Let us know how you make out.

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 08:17:59 AM »
Got mine yesterday and love them! Sorry Z, I didn't get a chance to take any pictures last night. I'll try to snap a few tonight.

Mark, I noticed that sharp edge right away too. I took a file to it and the grips felt perfect within 5 minutes. Just go really slowly and take a little off at a time (like fitting 1911 parts) and you'll be fine. I can't compare them to the original CF grips Rohrbaugh offered, but if they feel anything like the stock grips I prefer the VZs. I think someone hit the nail on the head when they said the factory grips made the pup feel like a 2x4 while the VZs make it feel more like a pistol.

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »
Z, I'll try to take photos later.

G, I'll try it but am a little hesitant as I don't want to ruin the finish. I'm guessing you didn't have that problem at all. The original CF's are nothing like the crappy stock grips they put on the guns now. The edges of the originals are all rounded off, where the stock grips do make it feel like a 2x4. That's a perfect analogy and these VZ's aren't far from that either.

M

Mark

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2012, 10:14:26 AM »
The matte finish makes it hard to tell where I've filed so don't worry. Just take your time. As I've learned on other projects, you can always remove more material, but you can't add back.

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
I had to run by the house today so I snapped a few pics with my phone. Sorry for the quality, I have accepted the fact that I'll never be a photographer. :)

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2012, 03:15:58 PM »
The matte finish makes it hard to tell where I've filed so don't worry. Just take your time. As I've learned on other projects, you can always remove more material, but you can't add back.

That is correct. It is hard to tell where you filed. You dont notice the look and the feel is greatly improved.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2012, 04:12:43 PM »
Very nice, for sure; the grips enhance the look!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 04:17:20 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2012, 05:19:58 PM »
Excellent photo's

They look great on a two tone!