Author Topic: Buy Seecamp .32  (Read 12188 times)

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Buy Seecamp .32
« on: May 22, 2006, 08:39:35 PM »
Guns Galore in Michigan has the new Seecamp .32 for $415, and I'm tempted to buy one.

Do you think it is worthwhile to drop down to something with such low energy?

Would it make the assailant madder than a hornet?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Buy Seecamp .32
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 08:48:05 PM »
Bill:

Go for it.  Until Joyce "requisitioned" my Seecamp .32 with its old-ivory grips, I referred to it as my "Dress Blue Sunday Gun."  They are wonderful pocket pistols which have achieved "cult-gun" status.

I've posted this photo before, but here it is again -- just to whet your appetite:

As for the efficacy of the .32 ACP cartridge, many police and military units in Europe relied upon it for years.  With a well-placed double tap, the .32 ACP can truly be "sufficient unto the task at hand."   8)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:52:40 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:01:24 PM »
Thanks very much, Richard.  I'm seriously thinking about it.

After doing a little research here, I noticed that Dave recommended a Beretta Tomcat in one post.  That has the tip-up barrel.

At first glance, it looked like the safety was down for firing, like my HK UPS 45.  I like moving between systems with a sense of familiarity.

Bill

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 09:30:38 PM »
I'm calling our nearby dealer in the morning and see if he has the small Seecamp 32 in stock, or can get one soon.

I sent an email to Tom, but did not hear from him.  I hope he is OK.

Bill

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 09:33:09 PM »
Bill

I believe the Tomcat I recommended was for someone looking for a gun for his wife.  It is much bigger than a Seecamp.

Bill - what do I think of Seecamp - well I have four LWS.32a - one California Edition.   Also have a LWS.380 on order though Tom.

Speaking of Tom - where is he?  Haven't heard from him for awhile.  Computer problems again?

The .32 ACP is not bad - would not want to be shot by one.  Go to the Seecamp Forum for some research.  Larry Seecamp participates.  http://seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl/YaBB.pl

For pocket carry it is easy.  For light weight pants I use a RJ back pocket - don't even know it is there.  Otherwise I may use an RJ Frontpocket.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 09:39:39 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 09:51:59 PM »
Dave,

What .32 ammo do you prefer for the Seecamp?

Bill

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 09:53:30 PM »
Never mind about the ammo.

I remember that Larry Seecamp makes the recommendations.

Just forgot.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 10:20:57 PM »
Bill - I have a lot of the old Winchester Silvertips - Larry at the moment doesn't recommend the new silvertipd but some have had luck with them.

Otherwise use the Gold Dots.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 10:22:05 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline capt.koolaid

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 02:27:01 AM »
I LOVE my Seecamp. Its the .380 version. I was also suprised at its reliability. It feeds Glaser, Corbon +Ps, Hydrashocks, Starfires, and of course the silvertips. I was told the .32 cal however is not as reliable with ANYTHING but silvertips. But..the .380 has a recoil spring that needs to be changed out more frequently. Guess thats the price you pay for the added "punch". Ill say this much, How Larry seecamp made the LWS .380 the same size as the .32 baffles me, but he did.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 06:12:46 PM »
....  with the science of Metallurgy and a Superior Casting House, the .380 Caliber came into being..  The new casting was carried over to the .32 Cal as well, after the 31000 serial number..
RJ=

Offline erh

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 08:45:30 PM »
Bill:

Go for it.  Until Joyce "requisitioned" my Seecamp .32 with its old-ivory grips, I referred to it as my "Dress Blue Sunday Gun."  They are wonderful pocket pistols which have achieved "cult-gun" status.

I've posted this photo before, but here it is again -- just to whet your appetite:

As for the efficacy of the .32 ACP cartridge, many police and military units in Europe relied upon it for years.  With a well-placed double tap, the .32 ACP can truly be "sufficient unto the task at hand."   8)

Bad Richard; - Bad - Bad - Bad..!   ;D
= Wow, Datz nize..!
-E!-
"The Hill", GA.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 10:08:59 PM »
erh:

Thank you, Sir.  

A lot of time and expense had gone into that "Dress Blue Sunday Gun."  I had no idea that "Herself" would rummage through my gunsafe when I told her that I would give her any handgun she wanted if she would move up from the NAA MiniMag she had been using as her primary CCW.

However, any time at all, I'll take a woman who prefers a fine handgun over a so-called "precious stone."   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 11:20:03 PM »
Hi Richard,

I wish my wife would take a liking to my David Clay customized Kel-Tec P-32, which is the only mousegun I know of above .22 and .25 that is super pleasant to shoot.  Then, with her Springfield XD9 4" and something in between, she'd be set.

Hi Mountainman,

I am also curious about Tom.  I sent him an Email last week and haven't received any response.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 12:20:03 PM »
Bill:

It's good to see you posting again.  Are you still pursuing your graduate studies?  I seem to recall that you were intending to obtain an advanced degree.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 12:20:46 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 01:08:48 PM »
Well, the dealer did not have a Seecamp .32.

Something had to be done without delay, so I bought a brand new S&W 642 revolver.

I've been bouncing through the house all morning, proud as can be.

Bill