Author Topic: laser grips  (Read 21324 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
laser grips
« on: September 21, 2008, 01:31:29 PM »
In talking with Rohrbaugh last week, it was mentioned that they are talking with Crimson Trace about building a set of lasergrips for the R9.
Rohrbaugh has gotten some requests from customers for this. Those folks interested should contact Crimsom Trace directly and ask for these grips to be built.

800-442-2406 or www.crimsontrace.com    Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline riffraff

• Master
Re: laser grips
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 09:00:11 PM »

Thanks Tom,

I hope they produce a green lazer model.  I can't see the red very well due to my partial color blindness.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:07:57 PM »
Mike, that would be something you should tell them.  Tom

Offline eddie_c-clamp

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 09:24:43 PM »
 I'd be interested if they aint too spensive.......

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 10:07:22 PM »
Green would be swell!

Offline drhyman

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 02:12:05 AM »
I just e-mailed Crimson Trace and asked for a laser for the R9S. I hope they get enough requests to make it happen!

-David
I'm a friend of Bill W since Feb. 5, 2003

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »
that's what needs to happen, let them know YOU want one.  Tom

Offline Chinook

• Expert
  • NRA Endowment Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 12:28:24 AM »
The models Crimson Trace make for the Kel-Tec, Kahr and Ruger LCP all mount on the front of the trigger guard (and protrude slightly along the underside of the trigger guard).  This would cause two problems:  1) I can live without the space in front of the trigger guard but my hands require all the space below it.  This is why I've never considered the pocket slipper laser light, and 2) my fabulous Hedley holster (which I just only recently received after a very looooooooooooong wait) could not be used.  I simply would do nothing to negate the use of this holster (no Hedley, no carry; no carry, no need for Rohrbaugh).

The model Crimson Trace makes for the North American Guardian seems to fit at the top of the right grip.  So far as my hand placement, right side is no good; however, I could use that location on the left side.  I might even be willing to send my new holster back to Mr Hedley for the necessary modification.  Hopefully, a snip here and a snip there could be done with a one or two day turnaround...

Have anyone of you considered these problems.  Perhaps, when we make our pleas to CT, we should be very specific about where the laser has to mount.

James
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 12:36:44 PM »
tell Crimson Trace   Tom

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 12:56:38 PM »
Thanks, Tom.  I will tell Crimson.  I just wanted to get some idea whether my concerns were shared by any other pup users; or is my grip so different that perhaps I could adapt to one of the other Crimson designs.

Thanks again, James
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."   Ben Franklin

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »
James, it's a good idea.  Tom

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 01:20:52 PM »
I just sent the following email to Crimson Trace:

"I would be very interested in your production of a grip laser sight for the Rohrbaugh R9.  When you do, please consider the following: 1) The models you make for the Kel-Tec, Kahr and Ruger LCP all mount on the front of the trigger guard and protrude slightly along the underside of the trigger guard.  This location would seriously interfere with the grip of the very compact R9 (which has a substantial recoil and must be firmly gripped, and 2) the model you make for the North American Guardian seems to fit at the top of the right grip.  For the R9, this type of sight on the LEFT side would be much better.

Please let me know if you have any plans to produce this sight.  Many R9 users will be interested and I will gladly put the information on the Rohrbaugh forum.

Kind regards,
James"

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 02:10:40 PM »
Laser Trace has replied to my email with the following:

"At this time Crimson Trace does not produce a Lasergrip to fit the Rohrbaugh R9. However we do get periodic requests for this model, and we are continually adding new Lasergrip models to our product line based on customer demand.

We do record "Future Model Requests" and submit our findings to our design team quarterly for review. We encourage you to add your vote to what you would like to see Crimson Trace develop in the future, please use our "Future Model Request" form located here: http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Support/RequestNewModels/tabid/170/Default.aspx"

I suggest anyone interested in having Laser Trace make a laser sight for our pups go to this site and complete the form.  I will..

James

Offline Chinook

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 02:12:06 PM »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »
thanks for the link  Tom