Author Topic: What is your Main Home defense gun?  (Read 13996 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: What is your Main Home defense gun?
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »

I wonder if Clint 'n them carries one in the pipe in Carmel Valley.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2010, 10:21:28 PM »
You know....I've often wondered that!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2010, 12:23:22 AM »
Mossberg Pump under the bed, w. a speedfeed I stock, and a Sig sauer micro dot sight.

XD 45 tactical on the nightstand, usually.  (Sometimes a 329 NG or S&W 500 w. corbon light mags)  

Honestly, if S&W ever made a lightweight 500 special, say w. a 3" barrel, I think it might make the ideal primary...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 05:21:54 AM »
Mine is my SW Performance Center Model 629 Stealth Hunter .44 Mag

Actually a real pleasure to shoot this firearm.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 12:33:51 AM by thor447 »
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2011, 11:39:35 AM »
I see you like your guns in black, Thor.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
Thor.  I like that SW .44; have a .500 SW I do like as well; just awesome!    :D  Enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »
I see you like your guns in black, Thor.  8)
I have never thought about it, but I suppose I do.  I posted a few pictures of my Kriss in another thread you can check it out.  Of course it is black too.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Other;action=display;num=1274018906;start=30
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
Thor:

I saw the photographs of that KRISS! Your guns may be black, but the photos of that KRISS have caused me to turn a slight shade of green -- from envy.

Now . . . do I need a 21st Century CQBW at my age and station? No. I can defend the compound at Critter Creek with my current arsenal. But do I want one? Dam*ed right I do!   :-/
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2011, 10:02:38 PM »
Thor:

I saw the photographs of that KRISS! Your guns may be black, but the photos of that KRISS have caused me to turn a slight shade of green -- from envy.

Now . . . do I need a 21st Century CQBW at my age and station? No. I can defend the compound at Critter Creek with my current arsenal. But do I want one? Dam*ed right I do!   :-/

I felt the same way and embarked on a quest to acquire one about 12 months ago.  I finally found one locally through a private FFL whom I have used ever since.  The enjoyment I have got from it far exceeds the time and effort in locating one.
- George Washington