Author Topic: Magazine articles about The Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp. pistols  (Read 4328 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
         I was asked over the past few months whether I had any magazine articles I could scan and print here for the Rohrbaugh R9 Pistol and it's variants. Well folks. . . . . I finally got the OK from the magazine people. Special thanks goes out to our good friend in the business Roy Huntington of American Handgunner fame for allowing with the go ahead. I will try to post as many articles as I have in my safe (The Archives). I will post a new thread with each magazine in accordance to oldest date first on up to the newest article last in that order. I also feel that being there are not that many of these, I will keep everyone's interest just like waiting for "next months magazine", in which I will only post one per month. This way you will have time to read it, view the photographs and enjoy it like a regular magazine!  PS: The fun will also last longer that way!  lol.   ::)

I currently found seven magazines, however, I know I have a few from Europe also which I need to locate. Overall I may have around a dozen or more total. I'll begin this afternoon now with Roy Huntington's first article from September 30, 2004 in American Handgunner magazine. We were front cover in this issue and also had the centerfold spread. Another thing I noticed even back then. . . . Not too many companies get an article that is eight pages in length and all together. There was no "continued on page 84" with this article! Thank you to Mr. Huntington for making such a rare thing happen. Well, he is the editor you know!   ;)

OK. . . . Now go take a look at the American Handgunner Magazine article from September 2004:

"The Professional's Pistol ~ Rohrbaugh R9"
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Magazine articles about The Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp. pistols
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 01:45:13 PM »
Uh Oh. . . . I just tried my first attempt at downloading the article scans and they appear to be too large for the site to accept. I'm not a computer guy per say, so I will post them as soon as I can work things out with Duane. 

Hang in there everyone. . . . . . We'll be right back.   8)   

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 05:22:10 PM »
Awesome news

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 08:23:46 PM »
Ha ha. . . . Tat. . . . . Now only if Duane and I can figure out how to post my scanned sheets, of which the files are too large for the forum's format!  Darn it technology!    >:(

. . . . . Not to fear however, we will figure something out for this!   Stay tuned.    ecr

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 09:41:38 PM »
Here it is? Now if u can figure out how to read it all!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:45:11 PM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 09:43:26 PM »
And more...
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MICHPATRIOT

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 10:10:54 AM »
WOW what a teaser!!!!  Is that Karl and your mom shootin? :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:12:40 AM by MICHPATRIOT »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 01:00:46 PM »
Yes. . . . . . Karl and Mom. She wanted to fire the new R9S (Sighted) version that day as we ourselves were trying it out for the first time. The sights were decent to say the least. I'll get this posted somehow. . . . . . . Thanks for posting photos of the magazine Norm to get things started!

Eric R.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 01:38:55 PM »
OK. . . . . . First article is up.  ;)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 01:40:51 PM »
Nice job Eric...too technical for me to do!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 02:18:18 PM »
Pushed through it and made it happen Norm . . . . Just like the R9!  lol.