Author Topic: My First Rohrbaugh  (Read 4033 times)

Offline Doug-2

My First Rohrbaugh
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:08:53 PM »
After following this gun for several years, I finally bought my first one last week.  After field stripping at home and having some aggrevation getting it back together I was a bit apprehensive about what my first range encounter might bring.

I'm please to say I shot 40 rounds ( 2 boxes of Gold Dots ) without a hiccup.  I shot two successive clips at a time and then let the gun cool for five minutes or so as I fired another pistol.

I was very pleased to say the least at the initial reliability.  One thing I noticed for me was a lot of muzzle flip, perhaps in the way I was holding the gun or I may need a mag extension for a 3rd finger.  Most of my shots were high on the target, I mean in the neck area versus chest bullseyes.

I was able to clean and get the gun back together but anxiously await the Takedown Tool which I just purchased from John (Yankee2500).

So far I'm very happy with the gun and will shoot it again soon.  

Doug

ccoorreeyy

Re: My First Rohrbaugh
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:27:28 PM »
Congrats on the new R9 and Welcome to the forum!  After you put it back together a few times it gets easy.  I can do it with my eyes shut now.
Corey

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 11:38:32 PM »
Doug-2,
Welcome to the forum!
Glad to hear you had a good experience at the range with your new R9.  
The field strip / reassembly drill will get much easier with experience, and the take-down tool makes life much easier.

The ammo you used, Speer Gold Dot, seems to work well for almost everyone who corresponds on the forum.  It's my favorite for everyday carry.

Steve

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 12:11:24 AM »
Welcome to the forum and great range report!!  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:11:51 AM by FloridaCCW »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 08:00:45 AM »
Doug-2.  Glad you are happy with the R9.  Excellent range session with the 40 rds.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »
Doug:

Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on your excellent taste in pocket pistols.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline scaatylobo

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »
Got my first one a few weeks ago and have about 40 rounds also through it.No problems and no glitches - but it does kick.And I shoot lots of different calibers too .Its not a target gun and I hope its not going to get any S/D use - but thats what its there for.Just recieved 3 more mags and 4 more springs  ;D.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 12:02:28 PM »
scatt.  I don't know what it is about the quantity of mags, but I like a lot, too.  Have eleven for the .45 ACP, but not there yet on the Rohrbaughs or Seecamps.    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
Doug and scaat, welcome to both of you, and congrats on a good range day.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus