Author Topic: Seller on Gun Broker advertising a Stealth R9S as a Covert model  (Read 2463 times)

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
Auction # 836171888
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: Seller on Gun Broker advertising a Stealth R9S as a Covert model
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 07:55:46 AM »
It looks like he added a note at the bottom of the listing stating it's a Stealth.  The finish looks pretty beat up too.  It might be a good deal if it was carried often but not shot a lot. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »
I just gave that one a look over and it looks like what Phil surmises. . . . . . carried a lot and shot a little.

The reason I say that is I've seen plenty of these when they showed up for any work and this has that look. If you look at the edges, they are worn a little but, overall, no tell tale marks from abuse. The grip screws look untouched and sharp, not all beat up and stripped. It's serial number is in the mid 3700s, a good time for us. The trigger and mag release are not beat up. Overall, my hunch it is a great carry suspect. Looks like the extractor isn't out of line or "used up" so much. Clean in it's lines except "Throwing it around like a tool". . . . . and I mean like a tool, something to use when performing your job or tasks, not a tool like the person was a jerk with no respect for the unit. He actually used it as designed.

Anyway. . . . . that's my thoughts on it.

Enjoy the weekend gents. . . . .

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 09:09:48 PM »
IF I could pick it up cheap enough (and I had the available funds) I’d grab it and have it refinished in DLC. (The barrel in melonite so it wouldn’t show wear)
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 09:20:16 PM »
$605.00 is the current bid on it. Not a bad price especially if you want a project. I'm interested to see the final selling price tomorrow. With 6 or more different bidders (including an old 'friend' from here) I don't think that is the final price.

I also find it strange that is the only Rohrbaugh with any bids on it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/836171888

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 09:00:39 PM »
Looks like it sold for $694.99

That was a great purchase by any standard!

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.