Author Topic: DOUBLETAP  (Read 80456 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: DOUBLETAP
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »
OK on to more interesting items, has anyone dug up anymore info on these little gems ?
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 08:59:48 AM »
I looked for more info yesterday, but didn't find out much more about them.  If I have time today I want to reverse engineer their posted picture and see if I can estimate some dimensions.  This one may end up on the gotta have list that along with the Masterpiece Arms .380 Protector I've been considering.

I've never had a Ti gun but have always wanted one.  This one may help me bust that cherry.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »
This still holds my interest as well.  We may not know more until the November, 2011, NASGW Show in Reno, as specifics will be announced, that was mentioned in John's post on the previous page.  Some leaks may occur, though.    :)  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 12:43:13 PM »
I looked for a phone number for the company but wasn't able to locate one and even if I did I wouldn't be able to call until I get back stateside. :'(
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 01:05:10 PM »
Found the phone number, 855-243-4937, and gave them a call; did get an answer and they will be updating their web site as they have more information.  The individual from Heizer said production would begin 1st qtr. of 2012 and they will be showing the Double Tap in two weeks at the NASGW Show.  That's all the info at this time, he explained; no pricing available.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:26:13 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 01:40:39 PM »
There you go, something to look forward to :D This one is on my short list.  ;D Love the big hole a 45 makes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:41:04 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 01:45:06 PM »
I'm with you, there; like that .45!    ;D  

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »
I got busy yesterday, but over coffee this morning I worked on this and now really like what I'm seeing.  The only real known information is that the holes in the muzzle have to be at least .451", so using that I was able to make a "life size" version of the image on their website.  It's an estimate only as I'm not much of an artist and have no idea what happens to dimensions of shapes as they are rotated, as this image is.  I get 3.35" tall and 3.5" long with a width of well under .75".  I want one.  No, I think I want two.  One in the right front pocket and the other in the left rear pocket.  This is all just good fun and games so don't hold me to the estimated dimensions.  I imagine that recoil will be insane so that's one more good reason to love this gun.    

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:36:16 PM by Ljutic »
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 02:19:21 PM »
Ljutic, you do good work!  Man, I like that info!    :)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »
Well done, I don't think you could be far off.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »

I heard from an unsubstantiated source that this proposed pistol will also be available in other calibers. We shall see.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2011, 04:36:07 AM »
Wow, even more things to look forward to.
 I have two guns waiting at home that I purchased while on vacation that I haven't seen other than pictures. :o Gotta love the internet. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2011, 01:47:24 PM »
Would be good if the Double Tap had barrels you just switch out.    :)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »
kj, maybe a 500 S&W  :o ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »
kj, maybe a 500 S&W  :o ;D

Yea, John!   And I'll let you shoot it first!    ;D