Author Topic: Which loctite to use on VZ grip screws  (Read 2918 times)

Joe_from_NY

Which loctite to use on VZ grip screws
« on: May 04, 2011, 03:27:36 PM »
I just got back from the range with my new R9.  Can anyone advise which loctite to use on the grip screws. I have the VZ grips and after every magazine, the screws are loose. It is good that i brought the allen wrench that came with the grips to the range today. I had to keep tightening up the grip screws. I want to just lock them on tight and forget about them, but not have them locked to the point that i cant remove them down the road if i want to change them.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Which loctite to use on VZ grip screws
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 04:39:52 PM »
I use fingernail polish on mine and it holds fine, so I would the "light" locktight would work.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »
Joe:

As indicated on another thread, I now use small rubber washers (mini O-rings). If you are going to use one of the LOCTITEŽ THREADLOCKERS, I would stay with the Purple (low strength) or at most the Blue (medium strength), avoiding the Green (wicking grade, medium strength) and especially the Red (high - here read "pemanent" - strength).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:07:14 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 06:05:31 PM »
yeah, i just got off the phone with the girl working at Rohrburgh, and she stated that they use the blue medium Loctite on the grip screws.