Author Topic: What is the advantage of a "Split" pocket holster?  (Read 5581 times)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
What is the advantage of a "Split" pocket holster?
« on: May 15, 2012, 01:21:19 PM »
I see Meco makes one:

http://mecopocketholsters.com/frontpocket.htm

Can anyone tell me about it?

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: What is the advantage of a "Split" pocket holster?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 01:33:06 PM »
I can't comment on that holster in particular, but it appears to have the equivalent of a anti-print panel.  In other words, if the gun and holster are seen through the pants material, the imprint appears square as opposed to being shaped like the grip of a gun.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
Most rear pocket holsters are just a front holster with  another square piece of leather sewn or riveted on so the gun does not print and apears as a wallet in you pocket.

Meco's split holster flap is just an extension of the pocket holster leather so you get the same effect with less leather, weight, and thickness.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:06:09 PM by MRC »

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »
I have not purchased a Meco Split Holster.

I had a less expensive holster that would be similar to the Meco. I found it to be bulky in the pocket.

You can always purchase one and of you don't like it sell it. Everyone likes something different and it may work for you?

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »
Most rear pocket holsters are just a front holster with  another square piece of leather sewn or riveted on so the gun does not print and apears as a wallet in you pocket.

Which is the reason KJ and I wear Rear Pocket Pocket Holsters in the front.  They print nice and "square".  There is no doubt  that there is a wallet in your pocket to prying eyes.

NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE