Author Topic: Shot my new pup last night  (Read 3504 times)

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
Shot my new pup last night
« on: March 19, 2009, 05:42:08 PM »
Wow, does it have a kick!  I can't imagine shooting multiple boxes through it in one session.  By the end of 50, I was quite ready to stop.  :)

This is going to be a great carry gun once I get some more time with it and get to test it out with JHP ammo.

I was shooting WWB and had a single stovepipe near the end.  I'm pretty sure I limpwristed that one though.

I was also starting to flinch near the end of the trigger pull after awhile.  ::)  I need to work on that.

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
Re: Shot my new pup last night
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:23:16 PM »
sdlsaginaw, Welcome to the form and congratulations on your new R-9.  It does kick a little but it is manageable.  If you ever really needed it you wouldn't feel the kick.  Don't pull the trigger back slow. This is not a range gun.  Point at what you want to shoot and pull the trigger like you mean it .  Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:32:44 PM »
sdlsaginaw:

Welcome to the Forum and the club of satisfied R9 owners.

As Dan noted, the R9 is not a range pistol. My own single-session range count with my early edition R9, as I recall, is 67 rounds. However, having fired it enough to gain complete confidence in it, I now fire it only now and then to retain familiarity. I've adpted the procedure at range sessions to run a few rounds through the R9 and then change over to whatever larger caliber I have chosen for "exercise" that day. All of my other pocket pistols have been honorably discharged and now occupy the role of "safe queens." Of course, the R9 and whatever other gun(s) I've fired that day are cleaned and lubed as soon as I return to home base.

Good luck with your new masterpiece!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 04:27:11 PM »
sdlsaginaw, Welcome to the form and congratulations on your new R-9.  It does kick a little but it is manageable.  If you ever really needed it you wouldn't feel the kick.  Don't pull the trigger back slow. This is not a range gun.  Point at what you want to shoot and pull the trigger like you mean it .
Welcome sdlsaginaw,

Plus one on everything that Dan said!!!   :)

Regards, Quiet1
Illegitimus Non Carborundum