Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh Wish List

Wishing for a 10 round R9

<< < (2/9) > >>

PocketRocketLover:
In response to the above . When Harley came out with other models and styles . It helped BUILD the brand . When the Corvette was offered with a convertible . It sold to hard top purist alike . When  Seecamp offered the 32 and then the 380 to its 25acp line . We all snapped up the 32acp or 380acp or both . Change is the nature of life . In many ways it is the ONLY way for some things to survive in an ever changing world . When Glock offered the new 380 . Many turned their head while turning their hand and snapping one up under the pretext of it being for the "wife" .
The 6500 or so original R9 pups out there will be just that . I wonder how many of us with coin in our pockets are itching to buy something NEW yet have NOTHING that sparks our interest . I would LOVE to own another pup . But am holding off to see what the new minds in the drivers seat will come up with .
As for the comment about the Sccy . I own a Kel Tec P 11 . I see the Sccy as a bullet launcher like the Kel Tec . We can tell time with a Timex . So WHY buy a ROLEX ? But even Rolex knew the importance of offering other models of their Oyster . I would think a 10 round R9 would be snapped up buy NEW buyers driving new life into the brand and giving the new owners a good reason to think outside the box . Dare I say POLYMER framed R9 ? LOL I know I get it . Don't hate me for offering new ideas .
One last thing to anyone looking at an SCCY . If you look on YouTube . One poster doing a short review on it shows that reset on the SCCY is tricky if one has large fingers or fat digits . While I like their repair policy . I am done spending money on budget tools . As my mom once told me . It only costs a little more to go 1st class .

backupr9:
Kimber has now begun to offer an Ultra CDP ll with a longer grip as an option.  The R9 could eventually go the same route, but for now just getting production of the original version will hoprfully be the next attainable goal.

JoshA:

--- Quote from: backupr9 on November 22, 2014, 08:31:43 PM ---Kimber has now begun to offer an Ultra CDP ll with a longer grip as an option.  The R9 could eventually go the same route, but for now just getting production of the original version will hoprfully be the next attainable goal.

--- End quote ---

Why not just an extended grip like others have recently started standardizing? Just in the event someone wanted to holster it.

I could take or leave the concept, but it seems like an affordable efficient way of "handling" the need if their were enough people who wanted it.

If I am going IWB I usually carry something else though.

As I recently heard a guy say, "you can make a small gun bigger, but you can't make a big gun smaller".

ECR:
Reading this thread, I couldn't help myself to feed you guys with a taste of what was coming down the pike at Rohrbaugh Firearms Corp. just a few years back. After much research, I kept pestering my brother that we needed to make a longer barreled, longer framed (but stay single file) version of the R9 with adjustable sights. We came up with this prototype. I tagged it: The R9 "PP" Model. As you can see, it is about the same size and dimensions as the ole' Walther PP Models. It felt great in the hand! The single file magazine held 7 rounds, with one in the chamber = you had an 8 round R9 on hand!
The sights were donated to us by Wayne Novak of Novak Sights. Unfortunately, we never made it to completion. Interestingly enough, the new owners of Rohrbaugh showed an interest in possibly bringing this model out, but nothing was etched in stone at the time of the sale a little over a year ago now. I truly hope that Remington does something good and honorable with our designs. . . . . . They deserve it and, even more importantly, our former and future R9 enthusiasts deserve it! Heck ~ I wanted to make them just because I wanted one!  lol

Eric R.

tattoo:
that is a sweet looking gun eric...maybe one day we will see it....thanks for posting...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version