Author Topic: ATTN: Eric - Magazine Springs?  (Read 3911 times)

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
ATTN: Eric - Magazine Springs?
« on: October 10, 2019, 04:14:42 PM »
Any chance that the Remington .380 magazine springs will work in a R9?

NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline HR

Re: ATTN: Eric - Magazines?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 01:01:17 AM »
I have a similar question:  will a Remington RM380 magazine function in a Rohrbaugh 380?
Has anyone out there tried?  Thanks.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: ATTN: Eric - Magazines?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 06:19:58 AM »
I have a similar question:  will a Remington RM380 magazine function in a Rohrbaugh 380?
Has anyone out there tried?  Thanks.

I would assume that the Remington and Rohrbaugh magazines are not compatible because they have different mag release mechanisms. 

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: ATTN: Eric - Magazine Springs?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 10:14:30 AM »
Regarding the spring question, RM380 magazines can be found for as little as $10 online.  Not that much for a test of you need one.  I am interested in results if someone need mag springs.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 07:14:23 PM »
Any chance that the Remington .380 magazine springs will work in a R9?

Sorry for the late response guys.  The answer in a nut shell is:   No

We had different spring rates for the .380 and the 9mm due to the cycle rate of each caliber in the series.

Checkmate Industries did those for us.

. . . . . and lastly, I do not have any of those laying around unfortunately.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 07:07:55 PM »
I spoke with Wolff Gunsprings and they indicated they might produce them if there would be enough of a demand for them.

They did mention they sell a LOT of R9 recoil springs.
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 08:15:03 PM »
Walter is good people. So are all of his staff, which does include some family members!  Very cool guy and place.

Walter always took care of us at Rohrbaugh. . . . . . . .

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 08:06:58 PM »
I spoke with Wolff Gunsprings and they indicated they might produce them if there would be enough of a demand for them.

I asked them about magazine springs as well. Such as would Kahr MK9 6rd or Sig P938 6rd magazine springs would work in the 6rd Rohrbaugh R9 magazines, and they gave me a definitive "WE DON'T KNOW".

Checkmate might be the best option at this point, if they have spare springs from their production runs.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 04:36:18 PM »

I asked them about magazine springs as well. Such as would Kahr MK9 6rd or Sig P938 6rd magazine springs would work in the 6rd Rohrbaugh R9 magazines, and they gave me a definitive "WE DON'T KNOW".

Checkmate might be the best option at this point, if they have spare springs from their production runs.

Checkmate? Asking if they have mag springs for a company that was sold 6 years ago laying around? I seriously doubt it, unfortunately. Those were most likely canned years ago. No need to hang onto those at this late a date. But, you never know.

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 12:15:49 AM »

Checkmate? Asking if they have mag springs for a company that was sold 6 years ago laying around? I seriously doubt it, unfortunately. Those were most likely canned years ago. No need to hang onto those at this late a date. But, you never know.

I know Checkmate is still offering production runs of R9 mags on their website. They are now $75 apiece.

I was assuming they would have extra springs, magazine base plates, ect. laying around to sell. No idea though.

I still have squirreled away ten of the blued mags they produced in the first aftermarket production run they did on here. I think it was a group buy IIRC.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:17:26 AM by PsychoSword »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 03:41:25 PM »
Wow, I had no idea about Checkmate offering magazines anymore. That's great to know, regardless of the pricing. Good for them. They always treated us 100%! An excellent company. It was sad when we heard Tom V. passed on. He and his crew were top-notch and would come to The Islip Town Rifle & Pistol Range back in the prototype era days to help us out with the spring rates. I really believe they enjoyed the challenge too!