Author Topic: Range Session  (Read 1720 times)

Offline rtw

• Expert
Range Session
« on: July 02, 2005, 04:03:07 PM »
Yesterday I took 5 handguns to my local range: Seecamp .32 and .380, R9S, S&W Model 65 (.357) and a S&W Model 58 (.41 Mag). I shot them in that sequence-small to large.

The Seecamp .32 is a joy to shoot-no perceptible recoil. My new Seecamp .380 stung with Hydra Shok bullets. However,  it was really no big deal to shoot several magazines through it. Interestingly, the Seecamp .380 “bit” more than the R9S.The R9S now has 70+ rounds through it without a single malfunction. I was shooting 115 gr Win WB and 115 gr GD’s.
I know, it’s time to clean it. A Stop Stick is on its way. I got better center shots without using the sights. I seem to always shoot a good 6” lower than POA when I try a sighted shot. All shooting was done one-handed.

The Model 65 with CT grips was deadly-very tight groups where you want them with 38 +P’s and hot .357’s. It seemed to weigh a ton compared to the pistols. My newly acquired Model 58 felt like it weighed 2 tons and seemed massive in comparison. But it was also deadly-very tight groups using 175 gr.PD loads even at 25 yards. Center head shots at 25 yards seemed easy to do. The recoil is not unwieldy at all-much better than a .44 mag.I wish that there was a factory defensive load which duplicated the original police loads-around 1,000 fps, I believe with a 210 gr bullet. I’d like to see how they handle. I don’t care for the serrated trigger. If the gun didn’t have a certain collector value, I’d have the trigger smoothed. As it is, I am not sure if I will keep the Model 58-the Model 65 may well be the best all-around house and car gun for me.

Now to figure out which Seecamp to sell. I don’t need both of them.

Welcome home

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Range Session
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 04:15:57 PM »
Dick, Don't sell the new one!! The .32 will make a nice gun for a lady who does not shoot much and wants to carry. A blow back gun will always recoil more. You could get another smooth trigger for the model 58 and have it installed.  What a day at the range!!   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus