Author Topic: Federal 115 Gr. JHP Hi-Shok  (Read 1391 times)

Offline willow

Federal 115 Gr. JHP Hi-Shok
« on: October 02, 2006, 07:12:18 PM »
Has anyone tested this ammo?  It is recommended for the older Browning High Powers as it feeds well.  It is not +P.
I intend to test it in my R9s that is in the 700 serial number range.
Thanks

Offline erh

• Expert
Re: Federal 115 Gr. JHP Hi-Shok
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 07:37:40 PM »
Sorry - Never tried it...

Good Luck W/ it though...                 :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 07:37:50 PM by erh »
-E!-
"The Hill", GA.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 07:47:33 PM »
willow,

I have tried it in both my R9's.  They didn't like that load either.  But mine do not reliably feed GDHP's or Silvertips either.  If your gun likes the GDHP's and Silvertips I am sure it will most probably feed the Federal 115 Gr. JHP Hi-Shock just fine.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline willow

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 11:39:25 AM »
Thanks for the replies. I bought this R9s used from a LEO friend of mine. He fired 200 rounds of Speer GDHP through over about a year and carried it as a back up.  Tomorrow will be my first oportunity to fire it.  It sounds as though the Hydra Shoks will work.  I will report on this thread tomorrow.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 09:10:13 PM »
willow,

Keep in mind that the Federal Hydra Shocks are not the same as the Federal Hi-Shocks.  The Hi-Shocks are in Federal's " Classic" line of ammo.  The Hydra Shocks are in their "Premium" line of ammo.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline willow

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 11:58:38 PM »
riffraff,
I mis spoke (or wrote) in my last post.  I meant Hi-Shok as in my subject line and previous posts.  This is the ammo we oldtimers learned to shoot in the older Browning High Powers because the ogive was such it would work in the old ramp configuration.  I tried it today in my new to me R9s. It ran them like a champ in all three of my mags. Interestingly, it did not like my reloads that I thought approximated that round. Guess I was wrong about the reloads.  The Hi-Shok will now be my carry choice in this gun.  Later I will try the Speer GD out of curiosity.