Author Topic: Double feed  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Double feed
« on: September 12, 2006, 12:41:18 AM »
Drat!  Never a hiccup, then I started having some -- could be a couple sources -- including not shooting for several months.

I bought some 124 gr. American Eagles at the range, loaded three, shot, then had two rounds feed at the same time -- happend a couple more times.

Switched to loading full mags, still problems -- gold dots, no problem, silver tips, no problem -- at which point, I was pushing 60 rounds, and getting tired.

I'm close, if not past, 250 rounds, so it might be the recoil spring.

Any other suggestions?  The little pup's always managed to eat everything in sight before.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: Double feed
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 10:22:15 AM »
Brad,

My only problem happened when I carried five months without cleaning or firing.  Three magazines each had one feed problem.

I wondered if it needed a fresh cleaning more often.

Bill

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 10:27:22 AM »
I don't know -- it looked clean, and I had cleaned it the week before -- it didn't have a problem with the subsequent hollowpoints...  so I'm not too worried about it, just don't quite understand -- it was also keyholing them -- not that it matters, since the silver tips and gold dots worked wonderfully.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 09:03:15 PM »
Sounds like you answered you own question.  If you have ammo that works, and you can get it, why experiment with others.

I have never used anything but gold dots and silvertips.  I have stocked up with them and find no reason to try anything else.   The 115 gold dots are my favorite.

I realize the American Eagles are cheaper, but the R9 is not a range gun.  I put a few mags of carry ammo through every once in awhile.  I do use The American Eagles for range practice with my 1911 Kimber and they work great.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:05:16 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Salute

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 12:03:53 AM »
Yes Mountain, completely agree. Why do people play with variations that are not ideal ?  I don't understand.

There have been quality reports accessable on this forum as well as forums such as Seecamp done by Fly and OG.

They consistantly show that for the R9, The GDs 115 are the best food. Maybe the GoldenSabres close 2nd.

Why look for problems ?  These are SD pistols, limited for range except to get to know. Use the right ammo limited at the range and load and keep the same for point and shoot carry.

Enjoy the evening in the mountain, Mountain

Salute'