Author Topic: New Rohrbaugh Models -- Breaking News!  (Read 9200 times)

WS6

Re: New Rohrbaugh Models -- Breaking News!
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 03:35:28 PM »
I agree ;D

Offline pbwe

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 07:39:51 PM »
About the use of the term "galling".  My use of the term is based on wear features that are reported, and the interpreted materials at the interface, i.e. some form of hardened stainless steel and some form of hardened aluminum alloy, and interpreting that the surface hardness of the stainless is greater than the surface hardness of the aluminum alloy (except for the aluminum oxide layer that forms naturally, but is quite thin).  The reported wear is occurring to the frame material, and, ostensibly at an interface which should be designed as a flat bearing surface (to distribute design sliding load), so, if wear is occurring to one [flat interfacing] surface, and the appearance of the wear is "scratching",  I would propose that the scratch appearance is due to a galling event whereby a particle of aluminum material becomes bonded [dynamically] to the stainless steel, under pressure and heat of friction, and subsequently "scratches"  the softer aluminum frame material during slide movement subsequent to the galling event.  

WS6

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 08:24:34 PM »
I agree it's telling you where it needs lube. Keeping lube in the right spots, make a world of difference. PBWE do you own a Rohrbaugh firearm or are you just here to complain. Since you joined the forum you haven't had anything positive to say about anything. The majority of the members love their pups, and have respect for their fellow members.
You have a right to your opinion. John BT stated his opinion along with mshechte, myself, and others and you comeback with GALLING. It's their opinion so what. I will not comment again on this matter, nor will I respond to anymore of your post. Just had to give my opinion. WS6
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:42:31 PM by WS6 »

Offline 45ACP2GO

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 09:06:16 PM »
If you look at the Stealth models you don't see galling but the black diamond finish wearing off the alloy frame. Thats just from the tight tollerance and is a good place to put your lube at when cleaning. Really no more than blueing wear from a lot of holster use. You have got it WS6.
NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT YOUR PUP!
CHECK 360

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 09:33:52 PM »
Whooaahh, easy there WS6.

I keep up with the board pretty good and me thinks you are overreacting just a tad and being a little to harsh with pbwe.

Now I know that some of you guys want to keep everything happy happy joy joy, but with the gun like the R9 that just IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.  At least not yet.  Hopefully all future guns will not suffer from any the afflictions that past guns have but untill that happens.  You want to read some complaining?  Read some of my old posts.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

WS6

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 10:01:09 PM »
riffraff, I agree if you have a problem with your pup, you have a right to complain. I have read most of your post, I don't have a problem with MOST of them ;D Seriously if you have a problem with your pup send it back. If it makes you unhappy sell it and move on to a stainless steel frame or whatever. Why bash Rorhbaugh over and over on his guns and the way it is made. Mine is in shop now, with ejection problems. Did I like having to send it back no. I respect your opinion, and everyone elses, as I have said before. Don't bash me or anyone else for having one. If someone has a problem with their pup, I want to hear about it. and their opinion on it be it good or bad. Sometimes I think people come on the forum to stir up trouble. Anything I have just stated is not aimed toward you riffraff in anyway. WS6

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »
There is some new info, and some clarifications -- so I thought it would be best for posterity to close this thread and start a new one rather than post the new info here.

The new thread is at:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1187185787;start=0#0

Discussions on stainless and the R-45 are now here:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1187186182;start=0

To avoid confusion, this thread will be closed.   8)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 10:58:13 AM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com