Author Topic: New R9s Stealth  (Read 3624 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New R9s Stealth
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 06:56:43 PM »
ACP!  Really good information.  I've been sticking to the one ammo I know works.  Now I can venture out.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 07:50:20 PM »
Glad I could help. What is funny is that I had taken the pledge to use Winchester Silver Tip and Gold Dot only and I can't find any.

The larger grain bullet is the remedy for the issues that had most greatly concerned me from past experience with R9 pistols.

I am now a 147 grain partisan and I have Richard to thank. The larger grain bullet also makes sense from a personal defense point of view.

Not too happy about prices but everyone is in the same boat for now.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 08:34:31 PM »
Tracker does me great honor, by which I am humbled. I'm just an old Army type who believes in "throwing big rocks," and my Farmingdale R9 seems to thrive on the 147-grain Remington Golden Saber BJHP. Over the past several months, I've been stocking up on them as well as ammunition for my other firearms. And given the current market situation, I store the ammunition as securely as I do the firearms -- in a fire-rated safe bolted to the floor against the wall of a hardened interior room.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 09:40:12 PM »
Richard,

Where's the love? Didn't you read my post? Okay, Tracker deserves credit, but is there not room for more than one 147 grain Richard groupie?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 07:46:10 AM »
ACP:

;D  

It was just that this old Army "ground pounder" isn't accustomed to having the word "elite" linked to him in any way by former Navy carrier pilots.

Be assured that I'm pleased and honored to have you in "Club 147." (I think there may now be two of us.  ;) )
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:53:26 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 08:09:34 AM »
Who is a former Navy carrier pilot? Not me; I was in the Army.

However, during my career as a professional negotiator, in private industry, I did negotiate cockpit avionics (weapons systems and electronic countermeasures) for F15, F16, F18 fighter aircraft, AH 64 Apache Helicopters, MLRS and some Top Secret "black ops"

Can I still be part of the 147 grain Richard fan club?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 10:38:01 AM »
Great credentials, ACP!   I'm sure Richard will accept.  He already has!  Now,  I'm  going looking for those Golden Sabres.   :D    ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »
ACP:

Tracker is a former Navy pilot who used to fly jet warbirds off of carriers. He and I seem to agree on most things of consequence, except for the annual Army-Navy game -- which Navy has now won for the last seven years in a row. :-/  

Consider yourself a charter member of "Club 147."  There aren't many of us around.  8)

Oh, yes, I almost forgot . . . .

HOOAH!  [size=10](It's an Army thing.)[/size]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:07:07 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 12:56:41 PM »
Richard,

I mistook your meaning and bravo Tracker! Honored to be in such great company.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 04:26:59 PM »
Found the Golden Sabres at Sportsman's Guide for $22.01 for 25 rds. Club price.  They are on backorder, availability May 18th, so I ordered 2 boxes.  Hornady TAP on backorder as well, with expected availability June 29th, 25 rds, $26.19; a little pricey.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:28:08 PM by kjtrains »

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 04:38:04 PM »
Golden Sabre is on track to cost you $6.00 less, per 50 rounds, than I paid. Concur as to Hornady price but this stuff is high test.