Author Topic: R45: Fact or Myth?  (Read 4885 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
R45: Fact or Myth?
« on: December 28, 2009, 01:35:17 PM »
Is the R45 a fact or myth? Our Adminstrator recently shot down the idea that the R45 would appear at the Shot Show. I have gotten PMs and emails relating to the R45 and I am trying to get a definitive response from someone.

What I have heard:
1. R45 will be at 2010 Shot Show
2. R45 will not be at shot show
3. Functioning R45 may not be at Shot Show but a "mock up" or facsimile of the R45 will be at Shot Show
4. (Brace yourself) The factory is concerned about the market for the R45!!!!!

This forum is absolutely festooned with open desire for the R45 and some of us have already forwarded deposits to Tom Watson. PLEASE: Will someone please step forward and tell us what the $%^& is going on?

Thank you.

Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline musicman

Re: R45: Fact or Myth?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 01:50:51 PM »
Is the R45 a fact or myth?

Werd!  Inquiring minds need to know...

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 02:20:25 PM »
I do agree!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »
The show runs from Jan. 19th to the 22nd, so if there is no word before then, I'm sure you will have an answer after the 19th.  ;D

I just spent my R-45 money on a Kimber Ultra CDP, after hearing that they would not be out anytime soon.

John
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 03:12:10 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 04:22:11 PM »
I believe that the failure of our forum "elders" to address this matter speaks volumes. Is it possible that the problem is financial? Please understand, this is an opinion and not any inside info, nor is it gratuitously critical of the factory.

These are hard times, money is tight and start up costs are huge. However, if this speculation were true, I would have a lot more respect for being told the truth instead of being provided a laundry list of excuses for what is clearly a highly anticipated and desired gun.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 05:10:41 PM »
I'll just patiently wait.  Nothing else to do.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 07:57:21 PM »
Should be interesting!

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 08:35:57 PM »
As many of us are dying for the new best 45 ccw on the planet, one thing to keep in mind; compared to last year, there was no reliable R380 yet.  Now there is, along with the ongoing R9 as well.

Has the labor doubled at the factory?  I doubt it.  I would be surprised if it increased 10-20%, if at all.

I'm sure their hands are full with regular production, and now just getting ready for the shot show.  The R45 is not only too overwhelming at this point, but probalby an impossibility.

Guys, this is a small company that does a LOT of things right.  And much better than most.

Lets let them catch their breath and move at their own pace.

When it's time, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 08:53:54 PM »
I'm on board with those thoughts, wholeheartedly.  As I stated, I'll be patiently waiting.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 09:09:27 PM »
  Me too, waiting and shooting my new addition while I wait.
   I can always sell the Kimber and they seem to hold there value quite well and the Ultra CDPs are harder to come by than some of the other models.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »
Okay, guys; fair enough. I will back off but please understand that I was not trying to be unfair and I stand by what I said as to start up issues, et al.

My fall back position is that my Robar R9s is saving me a lot of money by making me so content, I am not interested in buying another gun, (except the R45). Well, maybe the long barrel version of the Boberg, but that seems to be around the same time as availability of the R45!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 09:52:48 PM »
ACP, I agree.  I'm content as well; that's why I can be patient.  

John.  Congratulations on the Kimber.  Just keep the R45 in your sights for when it comes.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »
As one of the ones who sent in a deposit...  I can wait.  I think part of the problem might be on what to build.  I'd like a version of the current pistol but large enough to handle a 45, and w. a good front sight -- and, that's going to be hard to differentiate from offerings by Sig, Glock, Colt, etc.  

Personally, I've been carrying a P226 as my primary, and will probably switch to my P220 when my shoulder holster for it comes in.  

The only thing I'd really like to know is what's the projected price range of the R45 -- if it's too high, I will have to set aside some money for it, specifically.  
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 12:57:02 PM »
I also hope it is the one tone finish.  I'll, of course, take it either way.  Just my wish.  

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 08:02:30 PM »
Since we are dreaming at this point I concur with one tone R45. It would compliment my Robar R9s.