Author Topic: WTK: Fair Market Value Of An R9  (Read 4058 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: WTK: Fair Market Value Of An R9
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 08:02:28 AM »
CCW's estimate of the value seems right on the mark to me.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 08:23:13 AM »
CCW.  I agree as well.  Your estimate on Agile's R9 seems to be right on.    :)  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 08:46:20 AM »
I'm going to put a little less on its value @ $900 - $950

because

1) R9 without sights just dont bring as much money and are harder to sell

2) Black frame two tone guns dont bring nearly as much as a gray or silver frame carbon fiber gun (unless its a stealth with CF grips witch are seldom found for sale)

3) The NO box, 2nd mag, paperwork thing

Although I have bought quite a few Rohrbaugh pistols and watch the auction sites like a halk for them these are only my opinions and I am wrong quite often.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 10:37:35 AM »
Corey,
   I think from a buying selling prospective I would have to go with your estimate, because of your experience in that area.
   But in the words of P. T. Barnum  "There's a sucker born every minute"
and you may find someone who will grossly overpay.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »
"SME"...must be a MIL channels kind of guy..don't see that too often...

And just for the record, I would lean to more of "what Cory said" based upon the criteria mentioned. So maybe a price right in the "middle" of the spread could yield some fruit. You could always lower it if need be. Aim high I say. I would also consider throwing it up on GB as well. There are a lot of perps out there that "pay" without knowledge. The members here are obviously very knowledgable on these and will know the actual worth....as they say, every item has a price that "desire" will dictate. My two cents worth...
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline Agile56

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 03:42:03 PM »
Thx for all the feedback so far fellas, it's been helpful. Spoke w/ Rohrbaugh today & I could replace the case, docs & mag for $55.

I'm not going this route & certainly not going to separate the CF grips, selling as a package & also not looking to trade. I will post the ad here,

possibly on M4C or ST but not on GB. Email me direct @ MBGs1911@aol.com with any questions/comments as PMs are a PITA IMHO.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 10:51:02 PM »

Corey,
   Remember what you said, "If you can't eat it you can't buy it"   ;D

John

haha, I just saw this.  You got me!  Well the kitchen is stocked pretty good so I might have to re-think my ways.  ;D ;)

Offline Agile56

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 11:39:19 PM »
Fellas thx. again for all your input/feedback, just got the ad posted in the classifieds.

I hope this nice piece can find a new home in your community.