Author Topic: And another R9S newbie owner  (Read 9544 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: And another R9S newbie owner
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
Roger, welcome to the forum and pup ownership. Enjoy it here as well as shooting the R9. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline 9mm@FortHood

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 12:32:34 PM »
Hello Tom - Thank you and so far I love my pup.  I have, I have and I will continue to do both.    ;D   Roger

Roger, welcome to the forum and pup ownership. Enjoy it here as well as shooting the R9. Tom

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 09:13:11 PM »
* * * I studied the R9 for about 7 months before I finally pulled the trigger ;)  Now it is time to customize it and make it truly mine.

Congratulations! The possibilities are endless.   8)

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »
Thank you for the info on the Vibra-Tite and the VZ grips.  I ordered my VZ grips online this afternoon only to find out (after receiving 3 emails from VZ with the final invoice in email #3) that they are "BACKORDERED".  That "BACKORDERED" part was not mentioned anywhere until the 3rd email...  I also ordered the o-rings from Yankee and I'll see how those work out.  Those o-rings and screws have already been shipped by John.  TY again for the Vibra-Tite info.

VZ grips are awesome and have helped a lot.  I used Vibra-Tite VC-3 on my screws and is has appeared to work.  The local fastener supply had it in little packets.

I was reading on another forum about keeping grip screws from coming loose and one poster said he uses bee's wax, supposedly works good and removes easily. :o
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:11:58 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline m9x18

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »
Hi Robert, Thank you for the welcome and unless I'm way off, based on your post count - welcome aboard too (of course from vets to vet).  I studied the R9 for about 7 months before I finally pulled the trigger ;)  Now it is time to customize it and make it truly mine.

You have chosen wisely. The R9 is a fantastic little pocket pistol. And from one vet to another, welcome aboard!

Yep, just like you, I researched quite a bit and for quite a while before making the accent to the R9. This forum has proven to be a treasure trove of useful information and firsthand accounts on this pistol. The people on this forum are so helpful; it’s an honor to belong here. So enjoy your R9. It really is a very special little pocket companion.
Robert

All that is complex is not useful and all that is useful is simple. -- Mikhail Kalashnikov

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012, 05:28:16 PM »
I was reading on another forum about keeping grip screws from coming loose and one poster said he uses bee's wax, supposedly works good and removes easily. :o

Bee's wax? What's next? Yam butter cream for slide lubrication?    ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »
WOW!  You guessed it!     ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012, 08:15:33 PM »

Bee's wax? What's next? Yam butter cream for slide lubrication?    ;D

Richard,
   You never cease to amaze me, Attorney, Photographer, Fireman and Psychic too.  ;D ;D

I just ordered the Butter Cream (Musk) get yours here.

http://sabonnyc.com/lotions/butter-cream-1/butter-cream-3.html
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 9mm@FortHood

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 07:34:19 PM »
The VZ grips made it to my house on Fri the 11th.  I put them on using the provided hardware, along with Yankee's o-rings.  I must say they are very nice.  I've been carrying it every day and really like the feel of the grips.  So all in all, 9 days wasn't too bad for being back-ordered.  Now to see how they perform at the range, hopefully tomorrow :)

Thank you for the info on the Vibra-Tite and the VZ grips.  I ordered my VZ grips online this afternoon only to find out (after receiving 3 emails from VZ with the final invoice in email #3) that they are "BACKORDERED".  That "BACKORDERED" part was not mentioned anywhere until the 3rd email...  I also ordered the o-rings from Yankee and I'll see how those work out.  Those o-rings and screws have already been shipped by John.  TY again for the Vibra-Tite info.

VZ grips are awesome and have helped a lot.  I used Vibra-Tite VC-3 on my screws and is has appeared to work.  The local fastener supply had it in little packets.