Author Topic: Laugo Arms  (Read 31316 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Laugo Arms
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 10:00:55 AM »
Not much out there about the Geiger.  This is the best info I found.

Again looks a lot like a 1911 lower end with a redesigned locking/recoil system.  It really resembles the Korth a lot.  The biggest difference is the takedown system.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/03/31/german-geiger-grp-roller-delayed-blowback-pistol/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=german-geiger-grp-roller-delayed-blowback-pistol

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 02:38:51 PM »

I got and Email from Lancer systems today and I guess that the BATF has finally caught up enough to assign an Examiner for the importation of the Aliens.  They posted a video on facebook of the guns all sitting in a group after final QC and waiting to be shipped back in June.  They act like the ATF process does not take very long once they get started.

Supposedly the ATF suspended a lot of functions because of the Covid Crisis.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 07:15:45 PM »
Covid has a long disruptive reach.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2020, 10:07:30 PM »
Looking at this thread again and the photograph of the pistol, I seem to remember something back when Karl & I were in business and at one of the S.H.O.T. Shows in Las Vegas. They had the prototype of this pistol out there I would say somewhere around the 2010 to 2012 timeframe. I guess they finally completed all of their R&D on it and now she's ready. Good for them. It was nicely made.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 10:37:59 PM »
They have been out in Europe for several years.

The Designer had to find a backer to produce them.  He is the same guy who designed the Scorpion while at CZ.  They are playing a marketing game by just making a certain number of pistols at a time and selling them all out while getting them made.  I only think they made 500 for Europe and now 500 for the U.S.  I do not know if they will get into steady production or keep playing games.

The European releases got great reviews.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 03:22:58 PM »
Got this today from the Importer/US Agent.  More delays

The Invasion Will Not Be Stopped!

Greetings Fellow Abductees!

While this update is certainly not what we anticipated, it does bring some very good news.

Back on August 27, Lancer Systems was notified by a Legal Instruments Examiner at the ATF Imports Branch that our import permit application could not be approved.

What???

Due to an ATF processing error that occurred when the Laugo Alien was approved as suitable for import on January 10, 2020, the ATF recorded the model name of the pistol as Alien 500, rather than Alien. Because we submitted all of our documents with the actual model name of the firearm, Alien, we were instructed to withdraw our import permit application.

See something wrong with this picture???

After an epic tirade and a slew of expletives that would make the devil blush, we got to work on fixing things. Long story short, here is the response we received from FTISB on September 10:
"Your current inquiry included statements from Laugo Arms in the Czech Republic that the subject pistol is in fact a Laugo Arms model Alien as delineated on the ATF Form 6, and not an Alien 500. This correspondence is to clarify the submitted pistol's model as "Alien" which was manufactured by Laugo Arms in the Czech Republic."

Can we just wrap this up now???

Within minutes of receiving this communication from the ATF, Lancer Systems submitted a new import permit application. We have also initiated firm actions designed to expedite the processing of this application. While we can't provide a specific date, please be assured that we are on top of this every single day and we'll let you know as soon as we receive the approved permit.

As always, congratulations and thank you for your continued patience! We're looking forward to letting you know when your Alien will be landing in the U.S.! It won't be long now!

In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy and best regards,

The Team at Lancer Systems

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 04:21:19 PM »
The ATF heard that the administration is against all illegal aliens so they put a stop on this beauty.  ;) Maybe they could have named it something a bit more friendly. like Amigo.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 04:27:30 PM by tracker »

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 04:31:06 PM »
The ATF heard that the administration is against all illegal aliens so they put a stop on this beauty.  ;) Maybe they could have named it something a bit more friendly. like Amigo.

Maybe.

It kinda sounds like the Importer screwed up the initial paperwork to me.  I talked to them in February and was assured that all the import stuff had been cleared and it was just a matter of building the guns and shipping.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2020, 04:39:47 PM »

Sounds like it's getting closer.

WHEN THESE THINGS GET LOOSE,
IT'S GONNA CHANGE EVERYTHING!

We are beyond excited to let you know that the ATF has finally approved Lancer's import permit!

The team at Laugo Arms Czechoslovakia has been preparing for this day for quite some time and they'll be working on filing export related documentation first thing tomorrow morning.

Please stay tuned as we'll be contacting you in the very near future, both to provide additional details on when we can expect the Aliens to land in the U.S., and to start planning and preparing for first contact...

As always, congratulations and thank you for your continued patience! We're looking forward to changing everything you've ever experienced when shooting a pistol!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2020, 03:06:17 PM »
Closer yet!

I just got this from the importer.

Everything is about to change!

We are thrilled to let you know that Laugo Arms has just received their export license!!!

Having just received this information, we are already working on arranging delivery to the U.S.

Please stay tuned as we'll be contacting you in the very near future, both to provide additional details on when we can expect the Aliens to land in the U.S., and to start planning and preparing for first contact...

As always, congratulations and thank you for your continued patience! We're looking forward to changing everything you've ever experienced when shooting a pistol!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2020, 03:09:50 PM »
At least this shows some promise and progress. How much did they ask for a deposit to place the order?

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2020, 06:04:49 PM »
I put down $2500.

Here is an interesting video with subtitles that a guy from Belgium sent me.  He is on the Auto Mag Forum and I questioned him if he had seen any in Europe.  He had not but he did send me this.

It is a little long but he takes it completely down and shows how it is made, interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJQINbCE4hs

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2020, 07:05:22 PM »
That was a good video, thanks for posting that.

Interested in getting a full range report when you finally get yours.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2020, 06:52:18 PM »
According to some blogs today, they just got approved for import.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/11/24/lancer-laugo-alien-export/

Your new addition is coming soon.

Post up some pictures on that lucky day.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 07:19:38 PM by MikeInTexas »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2020, 09:20:56 PM »
I don't like to use the platitude of "awesome" but this is a formidable piece that should be well worth the wait; there will probably be a reduced number available to buy for any number of reasons.