Author Topic: R9 serial #s I'd love to buy!  (Read 405 times)

Offline ccoorreeyy

• Expert
R9 serial #s I'd love to buy!
« on: February 13, 2024, 09:01:42 PM »
I'd love to have a consecutive pair of early Rohrbaugh R9 treasures.  This is a list of serial numbers I'd be very interested in buying.  Not all of them but 1 or 2 would be incredible.

128 or 130
R129
R159 or R161
R174 or R 176
R191 or R193

Needle in a haystack BUT maybe!

Offline Habs14

Re: R9 serial #s I'd love to buy!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 12:53:58 PM »
Hey Corey.... I'm not sure if I'm planning to sell or not but by dumb luck I acquired serial number 128 for a great deal. After reading about it I found that it's a very early model. There was a member of this forum that was the original owner...he basically pre-ordered the gun from what I have read. His name on the forum was "Musician" or something along those lines. I'm not sure if he's still a member or not...

Anyway, I've been trying to join this forum for a while and I thought it interesting that you made this post looking for my gun.

Offline ccoorreeyy

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 10:22:48 PM »
I'd love the chance to buy it if you were willing to sell it.
Corey

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 10:27:53 PM »
That is a very nice early unit there.

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Habs14

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2024, 08:56:19 AM »
Eric,

Unfortunately I'm a new Rohrbaugh owner and was only an admirerer of the R9 prior to about 4 months ago.

Did the guns always ship with a business card for Karl or yourself?  My gun came with Karl's card in the box and I'm just curious if that was normal.  If so, great customer service!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2024, 11:34:02 AM »
Karl & I did that in the early days of manufacture. As time passed, and NYS started the CoBIS Program, we tested and collected brass casings for that program, personally wrote each collection pouch, and signed each one. We felt that was sufficient at the time. When boxing the firearm, I would sometimes initial each brown shipping box on the outside.

Nice to have you aboard!

Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ccoorreeyy

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2024, 10:50:53 AM »
Hey Corey.... I'm not sure if I'm planning to sell or not but by dumb luck I acquired serial number 128 for a great deal. After reading about it I found that it's a very early model. There was a member of this forum that was the original owner...he basically pre-ordered the gun from what I have read. His name on the forum was "Musician" or something along those lines. I'm not sure if he's still a member or not...

Anyway, I've been trying to join this forum for a while and I thought it interesting that you made this post looking for my gun.

THANK YOU Habs14 for allowing me to get this! 

Offline Habs14

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2024, 10:59:40 AM »
I'm glad we could come to a deal, Corey!  You couldn't be a nicer guy to deal with as well. Glad to be a new member of this forum.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 08:15:17 PM »
It's nice to read stories like this here. Collectors getting together with collectors to be the next steward. People who appreciate the work done to make these little pistols. Glad things worked out guys! Enjoy it Corey!

ecr