Author Topic: Browning 525  (Read 2859 times)

Offline LCP

Browning 525
« on: October 31, 2005, 10:31:54 PM »
I do not know if we have many clay target shooters in this forum but I wanted to comment on my new left hand Browning 525 in 12 gauge. I just bought this gun to shoot sporting clays. I have been shooting trap, skeet and sporting clays for many years but have made due with a right hand shotgun. I saw recent ads for this left hand model and just had to have one. According to Browning they made a run of 400 last year. So I got a table at the local gun show and sold what I could to finance the new shotgun.
The gun shoots and feels excellent. I have used it about 4 times now and really enjoy shooting it.
Its only fault is the lack of a good finish on the wood stock but that was remedied with some Tru Oil last week.  That should provide some protection from the elements.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Browning 525
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 01:05:45 PM »
LCP:

Congratulations on acquiring that rare left-handed Browning.  Since you've been having to adapt to a right-handed gun, your new "lefty" is bound to take your shooting to an entirely new level.  Enjoy!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 08:59:40 AM »
The 525 is a nice O/U.  Did you get the sporting model or the field?  What length barrels?  I have been tempted to get the 525 field in 20 gauge just cause it felt so right, but I have stopped myself since I really want the Franchi Veloce Squire.  The Franchi Veloce Squire comes with both a 20 and 28 gauge barrel.  

Offline LCP

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 06:21:32 PM »
I purchased the sporting model with 30" barrels. It comes with 5 midas grade chocks. It had made a difference when comparing scores and good hits on targets when making a comparison with the right hand Browning GTI that I was using. In addition to the cant I think one of the big differences is the left hand palm swell. This really helps when mounting the gun to my shoulder.
Lyle

Offline dctfn

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 03:19:10 PM »
Hello LCP,

I am new to the forum and have been doing some browsing reading various post and just came along this one. I am also a lefty and own the exact 525 you describe. I am new to trap shooting and tried various loner shotguns. I purchased the 525 due to much research and indeed the left hand palm swell was a great point toward my purchase. I am getting somewhat better at the sport, but nothing to write home about. Anyway the 525 is a great shotgun and a pleasure to shoot. Nice to meet you.

Kindest Regards,
Fred