Author Topic: Public Side of R9  (Read 15693 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Public Side of R9
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 09:58:22 PM »
From what I have read on previous posts the reason MrsFos hasn't
seen one is that she is a serious shooter.

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »
I've just been in good company!

I'm glad to see you fellas weren't offended by my sense of humor (especially robfxlr)!

Bling is a good thing!! I have pink ivory wood grips on my defender - they are prettier in person -- but they still look sort of plain compared to robfxlr's r9!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 10:07:16 PM by MrsFosforos »

Offline robfxlr

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 10:06:29 PM »
Funny stuff.............. Just kidding, no '79 eldorado, just an AMC Pacer............
     It is funny, I have carried a gun for 29 years and only started getting interested in them over the last 6 months. I am not a shooter, more of a collector though-not enough time.
  The R9 suits me well, carry alot shoot a little. I have aquired a few other goodies of late:

Taurus "The Judge" ultralight......S & W model 342 PD scandium 357, Ruger LCP,
north american arms PUG, SS 22 mag, 5 shot, 6 0unces! and the work gun- glock 27
"I'm a cunning linguist and a master debater!"..............Austin Powers

Offline robfxlr

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 12:39:01 AM »
LOL, I am not the king of style, but those pink grips sure ruin the look of that gun...................
"I'm a cunning linguist and a master debater!"..............Austin Powers

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 01:16:59 PM »
Can't we all just get along?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 08:48:11 PM »
LOL, I am not the king of style, but those pink grips sure ruin the look of that gun...................
I guess it's true what they say about beauty and the eye of the beholder.

I was disappointed to hear you really didn't have a green eldorado, though!

Can't we all just get along?
Yea, it's all clean fun!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 08:48:34 PM by MrsFosforos »

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
Concur: It is all fun and my previous post was done tongue in cheek.

I have had my share of stirring the pot. As long as our posts are done with humor and respect, it is all positive.

Do we always agree? No. However, as long as we share our love for the R9 pistol, and do so honestly, (warts and all), this forum will remain the gold standard, in my view.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2009, 10:20:26 PM »
Concur: It is all fun and my previous post was done tongue in cheek.

I have had my share of stirring the pot. As long as our posts are done with humor and respect, it is all positive.

Do we always agree? No. However, as long as we share our love for the R9 pistol, and do so honestly, (warts and all), this forum will remain the gold standard, in my view.

I saw a BC comic one time that really puts it into perspective

First frame:  little fish, caption  reads "Can't we all just get along?"

Second frame: bigger fish --> on the tail of the little fish

Third frame: biggest fish --> on the tail of the bigger fish --> on the tail of the littlest fish

nature has a way of working that question out!

Offline Wheedum

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 07:32:10 AM »
ACP:  I bought a Raven .25 in 1985 for $60 at a pawn shop in Waco TX. just for kicks.  I put a couple of boxes through it w/ no issues.  Wish I could say the same for my R9s.  

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »
Wheedum

I have had issues with the R9 as have many others which may be followed on this forum. Feeding problems, FTF, wishes for a frame mounted mag release; you will find it all within these forum pages.

However, despite these issues, our consensus is that the R9, despite its limitations, is the finest pocket pistol in the world as measured by quality.

The Raven? It is what it is.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 12:11:34 PM »
Believe it or not, I actually have a Raven MP-25. It was a door prize at a gun club event. (Aren't I the lucky one?  ::) )

I shot it once just to see if it would work. It went "bang" and spit out an empty casing. (Accuracy? Whazzat?  ;)) I then cleaned it up and put it in the back -- waaaaay back -- in my gun safe. It's still there.

Although I never bothered to take a photograph of the Raven in my safe, it looks like the one in this stock photo (which I post just in case someone has never seen one of these things that gave real meaning to the term, "Saturday Night Special."

[size=10]Edit:  Typo.[/size]
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 03:00:17 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 12:48:14 PM »
In the past when I was doing alot of LE department work. I would trade in all of the departments old guns as well as all the confiscated guns. At one point I had more Raven .25acps than any dealer in the state of Texas.  We are talking over 400 Ravens. I packed them up in boxes of 50 and sold them to other dealers in Tx and OKla. some of them were pretty fancy, pearl like grips and pink etc.  ;) 8) ??? Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 01:02:10 PM »
I guess a Jennings is in that catagory.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 01:55:26 PM »
Hi Point anyone? The cardboard box is better than the gun.

Offline Wheedum

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 02:35:53 PM »
Hi Point is an awesome tool in the right hands.  You tie the 50 lb test line through the trigger guard, and that catfish bait will drop like nobody's business.  Absolutely reliable as well.  Thing sinks every time.

Raven, Hi Point, Jennings, AND..... L O R C I N   You've not seen cheap till you've seen a Lorcin.  It's the Jane Fonda of the handgun world!