Author Topic: Firearm Negligence  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Firearm Negligence
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:02:14 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et33bbA0GeM

Most of you have seen one of these things happen..............
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Firearm Negligence
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 09:35:30 AM »
Lord have mercy! That is one amazing collection of brain fades, ignorance, and stupidity.

The ones that really push my anger button are those in which some character, for whatever perverse or misguided reason, permits a woman or young person of small stature to fire a large-caliber weapon with which they are completely unfamiliar and are physically incapable of controlling. ("Try this Taurus Raging Bull of mine, honey. You'll like it.") 
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 09:42:37 AM »
Scary!  So many gun owners don't have a frickin' clue...I go to TN gunshows and the gathering outside of supposedly knowledgeable owners is frightening in the number of muzzle sweeps with pistols and rifles/shotguns that have closed actions and no visible way of telling whether they are loaded or not. 
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:48:18 AM »
I was at a Gunshow in Illinois two years ago when there was an accidental discharge in the building.  A man picked a shotgun up off of a table after getting permission and pulled the trigger while looking at it and blew a hole through the side of the steel building.  A guy was outside smoking at the time and the discharge missed him by about 10 feet.

When I was leaving the show, I asked the Promoter what happened.  He told me that the Dealer that had the gun on his table had purchased the shotgun that morning off another Dealer's table, did not check it , and put it on his own table to sell.  So Dealers can get a little careless also.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 07:07:24 PM »
Lord have mercy! That is one amazing collection of brain fades, ignorance, and stupidity.

The ones that really push my anger button are those in which some character, for whatever perverse or misguided reason, permits a woman or young person of small stature to fire a large-caliber weapon with which they are completely unfamiliar and are physically incapable of controlling. ("Try this Taurus Raging Bull of mine, honey. You'll like it.")

I have trained a lot of students who have had that experience.......it takes them a long time to over come the fear...especially if they were injured... >:(
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 08:55:18 PM »
I once was privileged to participate in a drive hunt in Forstamt Lorch in Baden-Württemberg, Germany, as a guest of the local Forstmeister. During the hunt, one of the German hunters was observed swinging the muzzle of his Drilling (a combination gun having two shotgun barrels above a rifle barrel) across the line of hunters. The Forstmeister was not amused. After the hunt, everyone met at a local gasthaus where the Forstmeister convened a Jäger Court. The miscreant was tried and sentenced to down 21 shot glasses of Jägermeister Schnapps -- one glass for each hunter on the line, including himself.  As I recall, the "convict" passed out after the 18th shot and was dumped into the back seat of the Forstmeister's automobile to be driven to his home and delivered unceremoniously with his unloaded Drilling and other gear to his wife and family.

[Edit: Corrected typo.]
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:32:23 AM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »
I picked up a 28 gauge double at a gunshow about 18 years ago, found it loaded...the embarrased (and shortly thereafter ejected) dealer said he had loaded it to shoot a rat in his barn and forgot to unload it!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis