Author Topic: What will the R-45 be?  (Read 5308 times)

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
Re: What will the R-45 be?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 09:18:47 AM »
Wilson Stealth - my favorite gun.  Reliable: approaching 3000 rounds with zero issues of any type.  Accurate: 1" groups at 25 yds guaranteed.  Small, solid, hand-fitted, w/tritium night sights, plenty of stippling for a good grip, ambi-safety, 4 inch tapered barrel with no bushing, oh so nice trigger, and that excellent Armor Tuff coating (same as the R9SF).  Lifetime guarantee.  

In many ways it's a bigger R9 in .45ACP (7+1)   :)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:24:22 AM by DaninVA »
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 09:57:38 AM »
Nice!!    :)    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Wheedum

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 11:13:50 AM »
DaninVA..... Hey man, how the hell did you get into my safe!!!!!???  That is awesome!  My exact rig.  Big one on the hip, little one on the ankle.  It really would be a tough act to follow.  Especially the trigger (no way).  Rohrbaugh seems to have a magic shrinking machine though.  If the specs were comp. to the 9mm, it would be a thin/light dream.  What a great pic!  Thanks for posting that.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 11:38:31 AM »
Dan:

That photograph is so gorgeous it should almost be "X-rated."   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 12:11:02 PM »
it could be the same type pistol as the R9s only a third larger.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 10:25:56 PM »
I sent Tom a deposit on one years ago -- and trust the Rbros to come up w. a good one.  Personally, I agree w. Tom -- about a 1/3 increase in size over the R9, single stack, maybe w. a gutter sight, and either a heel release, or a trigger guard release, similar to the Walther PPS.

In the world of fantasy, it'd be able to take 1911 mags, but I really doubt it's possible.

Now, in my wildest dreams, it would be a P7 in 45... but, then it wouldn't be a Rohrbaugh, it'd be a P7 in 45...  

Personally, there's a world of more "combat" or IDPA oriented pistols -- I like the concept described above as being an ideal carry gun, even if you do give up some reload speed, for not being able to bump the mag release.  

I think the trigger guard release is a good idea -- almost as reliable as a European style release, and not much slower than a push-button -- I think a button release in the heel, same as the P7 PSP, is also a good idea.  
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.