Author Topic: Rohrbaugh collectable?  Sort of?  (Read 8459 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Rohrbaugh collectable?  Sort of?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 09:52:49 AM »
Like going from a BMW to F-150 :P

They both get the job done
but
one makes me limp.

Yes, and that reminds me that I probably should have one of those so-called "New York Safeties" installed on the G17 I get for Joyce.    :-/
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 11:10:53 AM »
This was my lucky day! Joyce is going to have one beautiful Graham elephant-hide holster for that G17.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 11:19:39 AM »
Richard,
   Congratulations, I love the Graham Ostrich pocket holster I have for my pup.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun d́oladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
This was my lucky day! Joyce is going to have one beautiful Graham elephant-hide holster for that G17.

Congratulations Richard, for Joyce.  I know she's going to really like that Graham.  One fine holster, for sure!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 01:55:02 PM »
Congrats Richard beautiful holster!

Richard you could put a safety on the Glock or how about a New York trigger, it breaks around 8lbs and is easy to install?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 02:28:36 PM »
Congrats Richard beautiful holster!

Richard you could put a safety on the Glock or how about a New York trigger, it breaks around 8lbs and is easy to install?

Thank you, Dino.

I was giving thought to either a "New York trigger" or a  Cominolli Safety for her G17 since she is accustomed to a DAO or 1911 design.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »
That Cominolli safety sounds good.  If Massad Ayoob likes it, it has to be good.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Dino

• Master
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 04:57:41 PM »
I agree and feel better knowing she already is familiar with a safety.  

My wife was issued a S&W 65 when she was in law enforcement and is still very much commited to revolvers.

I just can't get her to carry a Glock or anything else for that matter.  So it's a Ruger LCR and a J frame for her.  

However she loves to shoot just abut anything I put in her hand at the range.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
Nice grab, Richard.  I am sure the holster sold for more than that when new.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
Nice grab, Richard.  I am sure the holster sold for more than that when new.

Thanks, Duane. There was another bidder who placed a number of bids. Anyway, I was prepared to go where he wanted to take it. Toward the end, I doubled down and activated one-click bidding in case there was a final "bidding frenzy" or what the eBay community calls a "sniper" [last-minute bidder] lurking in the bushes.   ;D  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 04:26:02 PM »
Well . . . this morning I laid my money down and my FFL ordered a Glock G17 (Generation 4), with delivery expected next Tuesday. Then it's immediately off by FedEx Overnight for some of Teddy Jacobson's "magic" and the installation of a "N.Y.1" trigger.

A Gen4 G17 upgraded by TJ and wrapped in a Ron Graham elephant-hide holster. . . I think my little wife is going to love this rig!

And thanks to Tracker, Duane, and Eric for the valuable advice and assistance in getting this old 1911-type started on the right path into the complex and mysterious "Land of Glockdom."   8)

[size=10][Edit: Corrected typographical omission.][/size]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 08:17:17 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »
Richard -- I recently look the Glock Armorer's course.  I am one of the least mechanically inclined people I know -- and I could understand, disassemble, reassemble and fix any Glock after about 4 of the 7 hours of instruction.  You gotta appreciate that kind of engineering -- even if it is ugly.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 04:58:05 PM »
Very nice being able to do that Richard!!

The G17 is a fine gun,and being a Glock is nearly indestructible!!

I carry a G26 on a regular basis,and never worry about it going bang!!

Kinda like the Pup!!! ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 05:35:27 PM »
Well . . . this morning I laid my money down and my FFL ordered a Glock G17 (Generation 4), with delivery expected next Tuesday. Then it's immediately off by FedEx Overnight for some of Teddy Jacobson's "magic" and the installation of a "N.Y.1" trigger.

A Gen4 G17 upgraded by TJ and wrapped in an elephant-hide holster. . . I think my little wife is going to love this rig!

And thanks to Tracker, Duane, and Eric for the valuable advice and assistance in getting this old 1911-type started on the right path into the complex and mysterious "Land of Glockdom."   8)

Once again, congrats Richard.  The Glock is one fine gun.  I certainly enjoy the Glock 33.  It keeps right on going.  I'm sure Joyce will be proud, for sure.    :)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 08:41:22 PM »
I hate glocks, despise them... Own, carry, and have written bad poetry about several, though...   :-[

They work, and they take abuse, and I'll never shed a tear over a scratch, or scuff, or rust spot, or anything else...  My nice guns, which I love to carry, I take off before I get into something...  I just leave the Glocks in their plastic holsters to go along...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.