Author Topic: "One of a Kind" Rohrbaugh R-9S for Auction  (Read 25684 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
"One of a Kind" Rohrbaugh R-9S for Auction
« on: July 15, 2010, 04:00:15 PM »
The Rohrbaugh Forum has the honor of announcing a true "one of a kind" Rohrbaugh Firearms collectable for auction.  This will be a rare opportunity for the most serious Rohrbaugh collectors.  :o

This is a “one off” Rohrbaugh R-9S construced from a variety of special parts.

The frame is serial number R4416, mated to a slide from the now discontinued “Special Forces” model.  The frame, magazine and ejector are all black coated with the famous Wilson “Armor Tuff” finish.

The barrel, plunger and trigger are NP3 coated.  The hammer, extractor and grip screws are high-polished by hand, like the Robar, or discontinued Stealth Elite Premium models.

The grips are very special too – they are the original R-9 Hogue grip prototypes produced by Neil and Pat Hogue.

This gun will be paired with another piece of Rohrbaugh history –a wood and glass presentation case that has been used at Rohrbaugh’s SHOT Show booth for the past three years.

The gun will be shipped with a letter of authenticity explaining the gun’s signficance that is signed by Karl and Eric.

Photos are available here:

http://rohrbaughr9auction.shutterfly.com/

(Due to internet restrictions where I am now, I could not imbed the pictures in this post, but I will fix that later.)

The proceeds from this sale are expected to go to a charity – but those details are still being worked out.  The exact rules and format for the auction are yet to be fully determined.  Unfortunately, donating funds like this to a charity, and using their name in a public auction, is a much harder process than you would likely believe.  Rohrbaugh hopes to get the details worked out next week, but wanted to satisfy some of the pent up curiosity by allowing me to post these details.

Feel free to comment here on this thread.  Thanks for everyone's patience.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:03:09 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
Re: "One of a Kind" Rohrbaugh R-9S for A
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »
[glb]finally…..?[/glb][/shadow]

Uh Oh...This must be it...!...VOILA !!

Hmmm...interesting

Well it wasn't....

# 2

a thong

a Keyboard

« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:28:46 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »
That is one fine looking gun!  And with the items that come with it.   The bidding begins at $$$$.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 04:13:10 PM »
Shewwwwwwwwwww!  Not what I was thinking at all.  I would love to have the grips but thats about it.  Pocket book saved!!!  Don't get me wrong, it's REALY NICE, it's just not somthing I have to have.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:14:14 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 04:14:54 PM »
Corey.  You know not.   ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 04:17:36 PM »
Shewwwwwwwwwww!  Not what I was thinking at all.  I would love to have the grips but thats about it.  Pocket book saved!!!  Don't get me wrong, it's REALY NICE, it's just not somthing I have to have.

Man...I'm glad I wasn't the one to say that first...!

Like Cory said its nice and unique in a way but, other than the grips, it just seems like a "hodgepodge of leftover parts".
Well atleast the slide anyway....even the serial is rather ambiguous
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:20:42 PM by P7Enigma »
DISCLAIMER The above post is not to be taken lightly nor seriously. Any readers "interpretation" of the post was purely intentional

Offline turbinekat

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 04:19:08 PM »
Don't get me wrong, it's REALY NICE, it's just not somthing I have to have.

Famous last words... ;D

If no one else is interested in this fine piece...I'd proudly take ownership of this pup.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:22:01 PM by turbinekat »
Know guns, know peace, know safety.

No guns, no peace, no safety.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 04:20:14 PM »
Hodgepodge is not necessarily an inaccurate description.  However, it is a true "one of a kind."  Unique serial numbers aside, I am not sure there are any other "one off" R-9s that have been sold.  This will be the only one.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 04:21:56 PM »
Looks like two potential bidders are out before the start!    ;D

Offline P7Enigma

• Master
  • VENI VIDI VICI
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 04:24:28 PM »
I'll be the first maybe but probably not the last...! ;D

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 04:24:59 PM »
Hodgepodge is not necessarily an inaccurate description.  However, it is a true "one of a kind."  Unique serial numbers aside, I am not sure there are any other "one off" R-9s that have been sold.  This will be the only one.

Only other "one off" I can think of is R600 that had a different colored silver/gold frame that RJ orginally bought.

Offline turbinekat

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 04:25:34 PM »
Let's just limit that "one of a kind" talk to here...prior to posting on any bidding site!!! ;)
Know guns, know peace, know safety.

No guns, no peace, no safety.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
OK, Corey.  You've already said this is one you don't have to have.  I'll bet you change you're mind!    :D

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 04:30:05 PM »
   I have four Rohrbaugh pistols, and each one of them is one of kind. At least, they are to me and that's what matters. thanks for all the fun we had for the last few days but I believe I'll pass on the bidding.       Gene
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:33:13 PM by birdman »
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 04:31:20 PM »
Ahh.  Another potential bidder out.    ;D