Author Topic: R9 Tribute and R9 Custom on Gunbroker - 1 hour remaining...  (Read 6219 times)

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
Re: R9 Tribute and R9 Custom on Gunbroker - 1 hour remaining...
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 08:27:24 AM »
 Yes, I do not think the number sold will be a high number either. The compact 9mm Market is a rather crowded field now.
Many will have trouble justifying the high cost.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »
My Tribute Edition shoud be here within two weeks.

I cannot wait. ;D ;D ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »
Looks like this Tribute didn't sell; at least not on GunBroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=285069519
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline dmunofo

• Sharpshooter
  • 1 year Rohrbaugh owner
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 06:30:28 PM »
Can someone tell me what the Tribute is going for, when ordered from the factory?  Also does anyone know if they are making the Tribute in the R380??

What a beautiful looking gun!! 

Dom
Active LEO, Duty Weapon SIG P220, Off Duty H&K USP Compact .45, K380 2 tone with blue carbon fiber VZ grips, Benchmade Triage side blade,

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 07:27:40 PM »
Can someone tell me what the Tribute is going for, when ordered from the factory?  Also does anyone know if they are making the Tribute in the R380??

What a beautiful looking gun!! 

Dom

Dom.  The list price is $1395 and your dealer can get it for you for $1350, at least,  that's the quote my dealer gave me last week; and no, the Tribute is not made in the .380.  I agree, one beautiful pistol, for sure.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline dmunofo

• Sharpshooter
  • 1 year Rohrbaugh owner
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 01:58:16 AM »
What would be the difference between a tribute and getting a regular R9 with the NP3 coating from Robar?   Minus the Tribute being a more "rare" piece to own, would one hold up any better or be more durable than the other?

Dom

Active LEO, Duty Weapon SIG P220, Off Duty H&K USP Compact .45, K380 2 tone with blue carbon fiber VZ grips, Benchmade Triage side blade,

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »
What would be the difference between a tribute and getting a regular R9 with the NP3 coating from Robar?   Minus the Tribute being a more "rare" piece to own, would one hold up any better or be more durable than the other?

Dom

The Tribute is an R9 with the silver frame and VZ CF grips, and no NP3 coating.  The R9 with NP3 coating has the internals and external parts coated with the exception of a few parts.  This finish makes cleanup very easy and helps, in most cases, firing many different brands of ammo.  The Tribute, however, is one beautiful pistol, as stated above.