Author Topic: Metcalf out!!!!!!!  (Read 5437 times)

Offline hedrok

• Expert
Re: Metcalf out!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 09:49:57 AM »
Richard, if I may take the liberty of adding my Dad's "Kansas logic" completion to your Mother's saying...
"This too shall pass...like a kidney stone.  Slowly and painfully."

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »
Richard, if I may take the liberty of adding my Dad's "Kansas logic" completion to your Mother's saying...

;D ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »
Richard said

"And a profession that once banned advertising as unprofessional conduct now permits lawyers to compete with used car salesmen for the top spot in outrageous and ridiculous television, radio, and mass-transit advertisements."

This reminded me of something I saw yesterday, a bumper sticker on the tailgate of a pickup truck:

WATCH OUT FOR MOTORCYCLES
  HUPY AND ABRAHAM LAW FIRM

I-8OO-***-****

Puts them right up there with Hooters as far as class.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 12:27:51 PM »

:D ;D :D
Oh man, I busted my gut over that one!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 12:29:20 PM »
Richard- your observations and comments are spot on.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 11:23:59 PM »
Richard, as a long time practicing critical care/pulmonary physician who basically spend every day and most nights in the ICU, I have found that my favorite Bible quote is: "It came to pass."  As long as we can absorb the hit, we can move on and know that the possibility for a new and better future exists.  Reinz, sorry for your present stress...just keep on truckin' and try to know that the future is yours to fashion to your needs and wishes.
John
ps:  my best friend is an attorney...Mensa, honest, plain spoken and a wonderful person who, like me, understands the blessing of good single malt Scots whiskey.  Many of my mother's family were attorneys...actually, I am considered the "white sheep" of the family in consequence.  People tend to like and trust their own doctors and lawyers, but distrust everybody else's.  Nevertheless, your assessment of the legal profession is right on IMHO.  God protect us all from crooked "do gooders" in every profession:  politicians, physicians, lawyers, preachers and priests, and from those who profess to organize us and our communities for the betterment of humanity.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 03:49:09 PM »
Thank You Backupr9  :) Your assessment of professions are spot on as well!