Author Topic: I am sad today  (Read 5715 times)

Offline Douglas

• Expert
Re: I am sad today
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 11:37:54 PM »
Hey guys.

I haven't seen anything that legitimately suggests this is jihad related.

Quite the contrary, this falls squarely at the feet of the Progressive/Communist/Anarchist movement. It is the very exemplar of broken windows theory:

Politicians and community leaders (the President, the Mayor, the NY City Council, etc.) said publicly that the police, and the system itself, are racist. The lie of injustice in the Ferguson case has been perpetuated ad nauseum here.

So:

Protesters were allowed to shut down public highways, bridges, tunnels. 

And then:

Protesters were allowed to burn cars, and destroy property.

And then:

Protesters were allowed to violate the personal space of uniformed police.

Which led to:

Protesters were allowed to physically assault uniformed police.

Followed by:

Protesters were allowed to march around calling for the murder of police.

Until:

Someone murdered two uniformed police officers.

Now, the politicians and talking heads are saying that, "Nobody wanted this. Nobody called for this." When, in fact, this is precisely what they wanted, and exactly what they called for.

The Progressive movement in this country is Orwellian. Truth has absolutely no meaning.

So, when they're not peddling that lie, they're trying to sell that the murderer was simply "crazy." As in, he was not doing exactly what was called for by the mob. That he did not ride a bus for hours to NYC from another state specifically for this purpose; that he did not do so because "official" NYC was explicitly clear that this sentiment was not only accepted, but endorsed.

They'd like you to believe that he was just a "nut" and not at all representative of the rest of the movement.

That's a lie, and many cannot even keep a straight face long enough to tell it. They lapse into the, "Nobody wanted this, buuuut this is what the racist police get..."

There is much celebration here over the murder of two uniformed police officers. Don't let the mainstream fool you.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 10:01:04 AM »
That is a helluva post Douglas.  Thank you.  I agree this was planned murder by a chronic felon impelled by the media and "public" frenzy without any religious overtones.  I also believe that his attempt to kill his girlfriend created a situation that left him, in his opinion, no option but to "go out shooting" so he killed innocent people before he killed himself.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 10:25:59 AM »
I think it's important to remember that he only killed himself once he was cornered.

Had it not been for the courage of a couple of Con-Ed employees (that's the utility company here) who first confronted, then followed the perp and pointed him out to police, he would have been on a train and gone. He could easily still be on the loose, free to kill again.

That is, he didn't do this and then kill himself like a typical domestic murder-suicide.

He did this, fled, and very nearly made good his escape. Only when confronted by cops that he hadn't snuck up on, and that he didn't have the guts to fight, did he take the coward's way out. Those Con-Ed guys are stars.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 06:13:11 PM »
Regarding the photograph of the odious masked female anarchist holding that outrageously offensive and inflammatory sign in the penultimate photograph of Douglas's amazing post, consider this:

"[T]he constitutional guarantees of free speech and free press do not permit a State to forbid or proscribe advocacy of the use of force or of law violation except where such advocacy is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action."  Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969) (emphasis supplied).

As a former prosecutor, I would bring criminal charges against that woman and any others carrying such signs, asserting that such conduct met the Brandenburg incitement standard and was thereby ineligible for First Amendment protection -- and let the courts sort it out.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 08:25:20 PM »
Of course I love the moxie Richard, but you know the drill.

Blah, blah, blah... chilling effect... blah, blah, blah.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 08:51:26 AM »
Yes, unfortunately, political correctness has been elevated to the status of a state religion lately.  I would still prosecute anyone carrying such a sign, and if I lost the next election . . . so be it.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 09:45:40 AM »
Our citizens at the extemes of both liberal and conservative persuasion have developed a culture of indignation fueled by ignorance absent integrity.  Our schools are no longer able to teach the spelling of any word of greater than seven letters, are completely ill-equipped to define them to the students or to by example demonstrate the situations to which such concepts might apply.  Today?  Today I am still sad.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis