Author Topic: Automobile gunsafes  (Read 5313 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Automobile gunsafes
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:36:35 AM »
Ran across these at Shooters, bought two:  Nanovault 300 (gunvault.com).  They come with key lock or with combination lock, and 1500# test cord.  One is pictured under the flip-up rear seat in my SUV, locked to the metal base frame but I have one on each side.  A determined thief with a box cutter could get it out, and it might be crow-barred open, but it will keep the casual thief out (if he can find it).  Cost $30.  Pictured with R9S, but also holds my travel H&K USP-C with strobe light and an extra mag easily.

"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Automobile gunsafes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:43:40 AM »
I have had a similar one for a few years now, works great when you need to go someplace where you can't carry. Its certainly not the most secure thin in the world but much better than a glove box or counsel with a plastic latch. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR956678

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 06:10:55 PM »
I have two of these cabled in the trunk of each of my cars. As Yankee said - not the most secure thing but better than a glove box or center console.

Offline Prescottian

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:17:47 AM »
I doubt a thief with a box cutter would have much luck removing the safe, but one armed with a bolt cutter might..... ;D

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »
I doubt a thief with a box cutter would have much luck removing the safe, but one armed with a bolt cutter might..... ;D

Which is why it's important to keep the safe somewhere completely out of sight of anyone peeking through the windows.

Offline hdfb910

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 07:39:18 PM »
I went with the "console vault"

http://www.consolevault.com/chevrolet-silverado-floor-console-2007-2011.html

My dad liked it so much he had me order him one too.
Check them out.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 10:13:20 PM »
Did you have to order the Chevy Silverado to get the vault????  Pretty expensive compared to less than $30 for the one pictured!   ;D
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 09:24:13 AM »
I bought the same one in Jan. as well. Put it under the rear seat of my SUV. It at least slows them down. 99% of thieves will just do the smash & grab, and get away before they draw attention. Great idea.

Mark
Mark

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »
I have one in each car.  As Richard S. has posted, even if they get they weapon, the fact that you had it protected moderates your legal exposure to suit. 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis