Author Topic: Grips for a 625  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
Grips for a 625
« on: November 23, 2005, 10:15:37 AM »
OK, well neither my badgers, or the JM grips fit me very well -- has anyone tried making their own grips?  Anyone know of a man who "fits" pistols?

Thank You
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Grips for a 625
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 09:07:41 AM »
Aglifter:

AJAX would probably be able to make a set of custom grips for you.  I've had them make four sets for me for various pistols.  For a custom job, you would need to send the weapon to them, and the waiting period would probably be from 4 to 8 weeks.  Here's a link to their site:

http://www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/default?set=12
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 12:35:35 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, once I get back to civilization, AKA Texas, I'll probably drive over and talk to them.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 08:39:01 PM »
If you have a custom prosthetics maker in your area, having him make custom grips might be a fun project for both of you.  He could "mold" your hand with his impression material, perhaps in place on your 625 grip frame, then make the grip panels which will fit only your shooting hand (whoops--out of luck shooting weak-handed, I guess).  Just a thought.