Author Topic: Picked up my Seecamp .32 Yesterday  (Read 3608 times)

Offline bluegun

• Sharpshooter
Picked up my Seecamp .32 Yesterday
« on: February 17, 2006, 03:23:47 PM »
I had one for a while back in the mid-80s, and decided to take a fling nearly 20 years later.  NICER than i remember.  the fit and finish are absolutely perfect; a little jewel.

took it out this morning to execute some tin cans . . . ended up just scaring them. (i swear they were quaking when i left  ---  i hate those cans).  no malfunctions of any kind in a 50 pack of winchester silvertips.

accuracy.  there's just not much pistol there, barrel or butt.  it's a point shooter for sure and, like i said, i mostly just scared them cans.  i guess if they had been as big as a mugger's body i probably would have been "center mass" okay, so i'm not going to beat it up over not being a target pistol.  it shoots right where it points, you just have to figure out where you're pointing.  'nuff said.

recoil & controlability.  very controllable.  i always felt like i was in charge.  no untoward leaping about or anything.  on the other hand, the recoil is very snappy.  not painful by any means, but sharp, and without much to hold on to.  as normal, the trigger guard wants to hammer the underside of the trigger finger.  after a couple magazines i stopped and put on a spot of grip tape.  on the R9, the tape completely prevented the trigger guard problem for me.  on the LWS, for me, there just isn't enough to hold on to to completely cure it.  i shot 5 or 6 more magazines and felt quite happy to quit at 50.

as i said, no functional problems at all.  sweet little pistol.  if i only had the two guns in the house (R9 and LWS), and was forced to choose one to go out and shoot 50 rounds, i think i would gravitate to the R9 -- more pistol there and just a little more comfortable overall.

all subjective.  your mileage may vary.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Picked up my Seecamp .32 Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:39:30 PM »
bluegun:

I used to own one of the LWS-32s adorned with old-ivory grips, but my wife requisitioned it after rummaging through my gun safe.  I had told her that I would get her any pistol or revolver she wanted if she would start carrying something larger than the NAA .22 MiniMag which had been her primary CCW.  Little did I know that she would select what I used to call my "Dress Blue Sunday Gun."   :-/  )

As you say, it isn't a target pistol, but it shoots where it points.  (I miss it, but my little wife does let me shoot it now and then -- as long as I agree to clean it as soon as we get home.   ;) )
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 09:17:43 AM »
I am in line with Dave (MountainMan) awaiting a Seecamp from Tom (theirishguard). Since I have a Guardian in .32 ACP the Seecamp will be .380 and share ammo with my Mustang.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 11:40:24 AM »
I saw one at the shot show -- Detonics has a package w. a 1911 and a LWS 32 in matching serial number --I don't actually know if I could get my finger in the trigger guard while holding it -- It's amazingly small -- does anyone have a photo of an R9 next to a seecamp -- a buddy from college is looking for a good pocket gun for ~500 -- I'm trying to get him to buy a seecamp 32 rather than a Kel-tec or Skyy.  He's familiar w. my R9
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 03:04:33 PM »
I received my LWS .32 from Tom (theirishguard) several weeks ago. I've had it to the range a couple of times, maybe 80 rounds, and no malfunctions at all.
I personally find the Seecamp to be much easier to control than the R9 even though it's much smaller. Obviously that's because .32acp doesn't recoil much. Shooting the R9 and the LWS .32 back to back makes the Seecamp feel like a cap gun!!

Offline bluegun

• Sharpshooter
A Couple of Pics
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 06:54:30 AM »
I posted a couple pics at pbase.com/bluegun.  look in the "rohrbaughs" folder.  they'll be self-evident, but i think they're catchily named something like mgh_gat002; 003; and 004.

regards to all.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 12:43:01 PM »
harrydog, now you have two great pistols, have fun.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 11:20:13 PM »
Congrats...

LWS .32 is a fine gun!! ;D

I have 2.. ;)

I am in the process of ordering an LWS .380.. :o

Not the pup-but a nice addition!! 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 10:59:10 PM »
I would advise anyone with a LWS 32 to keep it, if at all possible, even with a LWS 380 on order.
 The two are very nice to own for many reasons.
The 32 is more pleasent to shoot, and they share the same holster. You are familiar with the operation.
If ever you needed to send one in for repair, you have a back-up.