Author Topic: Buy Seecamp .32  (Read 12186 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Buy Seecamp .32
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 04:14:48 PM »
Bill:

Is this your revolver?

If so, nice!  Very nice!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 05:21:57 PM »
Yes, that is it, Richard.  It is very small.  Right now I don't even know it's in the pocket.

I prefer having a hammer to pull back, but that would result in some serious snagging.

The 642-2 seems to be very popular with the wheelgun people.

Thanks for your kind remarks.  Naturally, I'm very proud.

Bill

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 07:05:03 PM »
Bill

Jumping from the Seecamp to the S&W was a big jump - but you made a nice decision and are very happy - that is what counts.  Maybe we can get you into a Seecamp someday.  See Tom when you are ready - Tom has been selling Seecamps for many years.

My version of your S&W with a hammer.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 07:08:32 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 07:26:22 PM »
All I can say is: Wow!  That's what I really wanted, but the hammer was sure to cause problems in the front pocket, so I went with the goofy looking one.    :D

I ordered Robert Mika's holster just to get up and going.

Long time ago, I had the old Military & Police .38 Special.  They have come a long way since then.

Thanks for the great picture, Dave.

Bill

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 08:12:04 PM »
Hi Richard,

All going well, I will begin my first class towards my MS in electrical engineering towards the end of June.  Actually, the class is one of 4 prerequisites I have to take before applying to the MS program, but they already have my transcripts, recommendations, etc., and I have already been told that if I do well in the prerequisites, getting in will not be a problem.  I will take one evening class per 10-week quarter, so it will be slow going.  My firm needs patent lawyers with EE degrees, so they are very happy about my doing this.

I heard from Tom today.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 10:41:15 PM »
Bill - if I were going to carry the S&W in my pocket I would have chosen the same one you did without the hammer.

BiillinPittsburgh - (although I think I remember you saying you were not in Pittsburgh anymore).  What University are you taking your classes in?
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 10:55:57 PM »
Hi MountainMan,

I will take classes at Drexel.

I definitely didn't think too far ahead when I picked my user name.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 02:01:58 AM »
The LWS380 is a fine little .380 pistol.  Mine rides with me in Hedley leather frequently.

"Oldgranpa" and I did a little wetpack testing with it last week.  I was primarily interested in the performance with the Corbon DPX ammo.

You can see the results here:

http://seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl/YaBB.pl?board=ammo;action=display;num=1148012398

The DPX performed much better than I expected out of such a small short barrel....  10 inches and full expansion!

"oldgranpa" had me test some other loads through it as seen here:

http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=5183

After the test, I feel more comfortable relying upon the Seecamp for self defense purposes.  Yes, the LWS380 is expensive -- but if you can locate one, it is worth every penny.

I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 07:52:57 AM »
That is just a great report!  Thank you very much.

You are a fine gentlemen who deserves to have an airplane.  Notice that little tiny bit of jealousy.   :)

Bill

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 11:22:09 AM »
Now, if we could only get Corbon to load up a standard pressure 9mm DPX for the R9 -- I'd be a very happy man (unless the Rohrbaugh brothers would say the 9mm+P DPX was ok in moderation)...
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 10:08:03 AM »
Fly:

Great report.  Thank you!

I've been carrying Cor-Bon's 90gr JHP in my 380s and haven't yet tried the 80gr DPX load.  I note that Cor-Bon advertises the same velocity and energy stats for both cartridges (1050fps & 220ft/lbs).  I would be interested in your thoughts on the comparative efficacy of the two rounds out of a short-barrelled pocket pistol such as the Seecamp or Guardian.

Thanks again for the excellent report.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline capt.koolaid

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 07:47:08 PM »
 :) Interesting and FUN too! :) I may have to start saving newspaper! My .380 Seecamp seems to digest about anything, SXTs included, so I guess Im lucky. Keep in mind though Fly an Scuba, Being in the medical field Im sure you've witnessed a few autopsys with gunshot wounds. Often bullets will not expand or fragment after the flesh has already expierianced trauma from an expanding or fragmenting bullet. The reason is thier is minimal resistance left for the remaining incoming rounds to function in.  As such, the rounds you recovered unexpanded are probably duplicating as nearly as possible those introduced in to living tissue.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 05:16:26 PM »
Bill, PM me , I can help you get a Seecamp .32.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 06:01:42 PM »
Thanks, Tom.

I can't buy one now, because of buying a S&W 642 and ran out of money.

Bill

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 11:30:25 AM »
Let me say something about the Seecamp - love the gun.  

Was out all day yesterday - even went to see "The Da Vinci Code".  It was a hot day.  Had on a pair of light weight pants with the Seecamp in a RJ backpocket holster.  Didn't even know it was there most of the time.